Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

The whole thing is stupid IMO.  I'll probably get demoted now. Oh well. That's life.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@Moonchilde wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chickenbuttHere you go.  I kept them so I'd know I'd reached the pinnacle when I became Exalted.

QVC Bulletin Board

Occasional Contributor
Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

Ranks are used to indicate the number, quality, and impact of your posts. As you spend more time in the community participating, your ranking level will progress.
The Community has a distinct set of ranking ladders which match your natural behavioral tendencies to either collect, contribute, or advise within the threads.

A community member starts as a “New Member” and depending on how often you visit and what you contribute will move through the following order.

It's easy enough to keep track of the number of posts.  That's just objective.  But who is keeping track of the "quality" or "impact"?  Are they serious about that?   I have a problem with someone or some group making interpretions of "quality" or "impact."  Those could be seen as negative/disruptive as well as positive/helpful.

# of hearts figures into it. And probably how "helpful" posters are in answering questions and being acknowledged for it. It isn't necessarily subjective choice by humans ;-)

@Moonchilde  So if we start lobbying for hearts, would that be seen as political?  :-)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chickenbuttHere you go.  I kept them so I'd know I'd reached the pinnacle when I became Exalted.

QVC Bulletin Board

Occasional Contributor
Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

Ranks are used to indicate the number, quality, and impact of your posts. As you spend more time in the community participating, your ranking level will progress.
The Community has a distinct set of ranking ladders which match your natural behavioral tendencies to either collect, contribute, or advise within the threads.

A community member starts as a “New Member” and depending on how often you visit and what you contribute will move through the following order.

It's easy enough to keep track of the number of posts.  That's just objective.  But who is keeping track of the "quality" or "impact"?  Are they serious about that?   I have a problem with someone or some group making interpretions of "quality" or "impact."  Those could be seen as negative/disruptive as well as positive/helpful.

# of hearts figures into it. And probably how "helpful" posters are in answering questions and being acknowledged for it. It isn't necessarily subjective choice by humans ;-)

@Moonchilde  So if we start lobbying for hearts, would that be seen as political?  :-)

They already do it with the whole "best answer" thing. Amazon does, or did that, and some other sites do too. If people think some are obsessed with hearts and rankings on this discussion forum - not so much compared to "best answer" ranking sites, where I have seen pretty aggressive canvassing.

Not to mention vendors! I ordered an item from an Amazon vendor. I was sent an email asking for a rating, *with a link to click* to leave it. I clicked on the link and gave the seller a 5-star review. Now I have a second email telling me I left it in the wrong place and will I please move it! Srsly? I left it where the direct link in the "please leave a review" took me. Anything more is too much PIT* for a $25 item.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I thought the titles were post counts only.  Who is the judge of the quality and impact of a post?  That just doesn't make sense.  And, hearts should have nothing to do with it.  Get rid of the titles!

Respected Contributor

Not sure why its done. I am considerd trusted. Although my post count is way off. I should have around 12 or 13,000 post but I only show almost 2000. So does it really matter. Nope not in the scheme of things.
Valued Contributor

The lower rungs on the ladder are determined purely by post count.  (Up through Super.)  Then at a certain point the Hearts kick in.  There is some kind of computer algorithm that determines it.  Not sure if there is a hearts to post ratio, or what, but when you trigger the right combination you rank up.  Humans aren't actually reading our posts and voting on whether or not we deserve the promotion.  I'm doubting that there is any simple explanation for what qualifies for the higher levels.  We have been asking for an explanation for over 3 months now, and have not received one, whch pretty much tells me there aren't absolutes.  I don't think anyone understands it except maybe the person that programmed the software.

My advice would be to just ignore the titles and go with the flow.  Post what you want.  Heart what you like.  The system will do it's thing.  It's not a freaking competition!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC Bulletin Board

Occasional Contributor
Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

@Kachina624 I thought that list and

description was 

something a poster found on another board 

not this one.  Is there a link to a

thread where the Q mods

said this list was accurate here?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

The lower rungs on the ladder are determined purely by post count.  (Up through Super.)  Then at a certain point the Hearts kick in.  There is some kind of computer algorithm that determines it.  Not sure if there is a hearts to post ratio, or what, but when you trigger the right combination you rank up.  Humans aren't actually reading our posts and voting on whether or not we deserve the promotion.  I'm doubting that there is any simple explanation for what qualifies for the higher levels.  We have been asking for an explanation for over 3 months now, and have not received one, whch pretty much tells me there aren't absolutes.  I don't think anyone understands it except maybe the person that programmed the software.

My advice would be to just ignore the titles and go with the flow.  Post what you want.  Heart what you like.  The system will do it's thing.  It's not a freaking competition!

Great post @SHIRAZ. 😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

I don't understand this new format at all. i reported someone for host bashing, but nothing has been done about it. I'm not perfect, but I have never bashed hosts.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was based on the amount of hearts, only.  There is no way the mods can tell if a poster contributes more to the topic. Only hearts or the number of posts can do that. Everyone should have started at zero. Some of us had really high post counts.