Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what is happening to Dan Hughes?

On 4/21/2014 Remee said:

Perhaps his ministry is growing so rapidly he is needed there more.

Is it Dan Hugues or the other long term male host that is the minister? I know one of them holds that title.

Honored Contributor

I think Dan Hughes is a fabulous host as well as a wonderful person. I'm sorry to hear he may be taking some time off, as I so enjoy watching him. Between the farm, his ministry, health, and job, I suppose he is spread rather thin. I wish him the very best, and hope he continues to be part of the QVC team, as he would be greatly missed.

Honored Contributor

I know it was Dan Hughes who officiated at Sandra Bennett's wedding.

Honored Contributor

I thought Dan Wheeler was the host with the ministry. I've never heard Dan Hughes mention a ministry, although I dislike him and don't often watch.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I thought that was Danny Koker from Count Customs.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

Dan Wheeler has the Ministry.

I love Dan Hughs, I wish him well.

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 lovestopaint said:

Dan Wheeler has the Ministry.

I love Dan Hughs, I wish him well.

I don't know if Dan Wheeler has a ministry, but Dan Hughes definitely is in the ministry, as there have been posts on his FB page showing him officiating at a marriage ceremony. It isn't something he talks much about, though, and tends to keep that part of his life a little more private.

Super Contributor

Both the Dan's are such kind, down-to-earth people. I definitely enjoy watching either one of them. I hope Dan Hughes is doing ok with his health problems. I think that heart attack was a wake-up call for him.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

My thinking is Dan Wheeler has the ministry, he is always saying God Bless at the end of his shows. I am sure he is a nice man, but IMO he is a boring host on QVC!

I am sorry to hear about Dan Hughes, I really like him, and he has a good personality! He use to bring his dogs on when they show dog products, but they never do things like that anymore. He also has an old farm house that must be beautiful! I wish him the best!

Super Contributor

This is what it is. Dan Wheeler ( "Wheels") was a student of Divinity, and I don't know if he ever had a church or not, but he did graduate with a degree. I believe he has not ever had a church, but does hold the title.

Dan Hughes, the Morning show Dan, who has the farm, IS a real minister, and holds a church service every Sunday, has a congregation, and yes, he did marry Sandra Bennett and her husband and has married other QVC personnel.

But last year ( or was it the year before?) he had a very massive heart attack from which he was not supposed to have recovered, but by the grace of God he did.

You know he is deeply involved in the NASCAR business also. I'm thinking perhaps his doctor, wife, or himself perhaps, may have asked him to slow it down for a period since it hasn't been that long since he nearly passed. So he is taking a leave of absence for a while, but IS coming back afterwards.

Now it's just my opinion that this is why he is leaving, if it's for another reason he hasn't yet said so. He did say that he, by nature, is a very private person and doesn't like talking about his personal life to others. I can respect that. So don't be expecting him to explain much on QVC. And I hope caller's don't bluntly just ask him about anything. Some people don't think they just open their mouth's and speak.