Respected Contributor

Does anyone know what happened to Iris the model?

Iris was my fav model from the early days, she then came back and sold her own line for a brief time and was back again recently as a model, but I have not seen her in quite a while.  Just wondering if anyone has any info, did she leave Q again??  Is she ill?? Thanks in advance for any info.  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Iris the model?

Her name is Iris Simms.  She returned to QVC a few years ago and then last year she left again to pursue other interests.  I can't remember if she wrote a blog about it or if Leah spoke about it on air.  I thought she was beautiful.

Honored Contributor

she left sometime last year to pursue other interests. she recently announced that she has a new love in her life. her mother passed away very recently also.

here is a past thread from december .....

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/model-IRIS-is-leaving-qvc/m-p/2372084#M290016

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for sharing this.  I miss her also.  She not only was a very good model with personality but I could relate to her size when I wanted to make a purchase.  She was very tall and I am only average so I had to judge our height difference.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all of the great responses.  I figured I had missed the announcement.  Glad to know she is well and has met someone important to her.  Best Wishes, Miss Simms.  I hope to see you again someday.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

I think a models life is quite difficult...at least on the Q...when there is a fashion day it seems those same models are forever on air all day and all through the night...I don't know how they do it..it has to be exhausting...and they still smile...