Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know of Animal Masks?

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear Try Disney.  They had a set of four.

Honored Contributor

These cats in China tolerate the mask.  But in general I think it would be hard to do.

catmask1.JPGcatmask2.JPG

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear  Please don't even think about putting a mask on your pet  Masks are not meant for animals.  All I can think of is the poor thing trying to go for his outing and trying to breathe through a mask.

Also it is a moot point as masks are meant to protect others if the one wearing the mask has the virus, does't really protect the wearer and your dog or cat does not have the virus.  I especially hope your plan was not to have the animal wear the mask in the house to protect you.  That would be beyond ridiculous.

Any site trying to sell animal masks is just trying to make a quick buck on fraudulent claims that they are helpful; they are not, they are harmful.   The very idea of a mask on your pet is appalling. 

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear  I apologize for my post.  I thought you were referring to a mask for your pet.  I should have known better!  One with animals on it would be cute.  I would like to have a pretty mask also, but I think I will stick with disposable instead.  Hopefully I have a box of 100 coming from Amazon.  I still have a supply as I always bought masks for cleaning as I am highly allergic to dust.  Hope my new supply comes soon.

Honored Contributor

the Mask Club....a lot of different designs...when I bought ours it was buy one and they donate one.

Honored Contributor

I have an animal-themed balaclava on order from Amazon, but it's not supposed to be here before the end of the month.  I'm more accustomed to these than a mask since I wear them all the time skiing.  Plus, I can just pull it down when I get away from people and in my car so I'm not pulling it off and putting it back on again.  Problem is, the one I have for skiing I sewed a polar fleece lining inside for warmth and certainly don't need that extra layer here in The South, although we had a very late frost warning last night.  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

I got a leopard print from Fabulous Furs, haven't worn it or any of the many cloth masks I've purchased.  It's a large print, but they do have a small print one, too.  There is also a slit so you can slide in another mask for added protection.

Valued Contributor

I could have done without seeing the picture of that poor cat. It has made me feel claustrophic and trapped, I can only imagine how they feel. Smiley Sad

Why not just leave the cat at home?

I guess it's because I've only had rescued cats.....free range, but only within the confines of being inside the house. I feel it's safer, and then no mask needed.I can tell you right now that my big boys would tear me up if I tried to strap something like that onto them! 

(I realize @FlowerBear  you didn't mean masks for animals to wear)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

Have seen lots of printed masks out in public and they look like a mess.  Too busy and then - depending on  busy clothing - can look even worse.

Ordered 2 masks - 2 different vendors - one black - one white from Esty and they are hot.  Waste of $$$$

Picked up paper ones at drug store for $7 - ahhhh   can breath again.

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

SORRY I meant to say animal themed for adult Smiley Happy

------

I was just going to ask, if that wasn't what you meant? 🙃

I've seen them advertised, but, I agree, sketchy sites!