Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if laundromats are still open ?

I thought you could buy liquor online though???

It's a real shame that's essential for some people because it mames and kills...=O(

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

Laudromats in NYS are open; they are considered essential businesses. Dry cleanters are not. Can't figure out the logic in that one!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be using a laundromat right now if all I was wanting to wash was a comforter.

If I had to use one on a regular basis for my clothing I would beg a family member or friend to let me use their washing machine and dryer for the time being.

Esteemed Contributor

Drive through cleaners are open although I haven't had the need to use them.  I take heavy comforters to them rather than a laundromat when needed.

Esteemed Contributor

If it was me and I knew spring is coming, I would just put lighter blankets on and wait a while.

Honored Contributor

the laundromat in my town is open, times open that I don't know.

just wear your mask and since it is warmer now sit in car while wash is doing. Run in put in dryer, go back to car wait till dry.

Respected Contributor

so people in the area cant get there clothes washed but they cant get drunk. maybe its just me but something is just weong about that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Laudromats in NYS are open; they are considered essential businesses. Dry cleanters are not. Can't figure out the logic in that one!

@Buffalogal47

You can manage without dry cleaning for a while. 

Respected Contributor

@Reever: I live in a building with a laudromat but will only use it first thing in the morning. I think it lessens my chances of being exposed to contaminated air, crowds. My suggestion would be to go to the laundromat first thing. Be the first customer if possible. By the time other people arrive, you're on your way out.

Valued Contributor

IN my state I am fairly certain that Dry Cleaners and Laundrymats are considered essential.