Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

Having had autoimmune diseases since menopause, diagnosed with rheumatoid at 66, and just diagnosed recently with lupus, I really don’t know what to eat.

I do have one, sometimes two nutrition drinks, one in the morning and the other in the evening if I have two.  

The diet restrictions for all of my issues conflict with each other, so I stay away from dairy, meat, and my beloved pasta.  I recently learned about “nightshade” foods which eliminates most everything I had been eating.

My RA doc appointment is still three months away, so I don’t know yet what she thinks about diet.  I can no longer cook, so I do eat microwavable processed food, never those with meat and potatoes or pasta though.  My meals are very small and I do not snack at all.  I eat twice a day and even then, I have to force it down because I’m never hungry.  I do realize I will never be my normal weight again, I hover between 113 and 116 pounds.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Not anymore. I eat breakfast and a light lunch. Just a snack for dinner.

Respected Contributor

It seems normal that food intake will vary dependent on how much active wakeful time is spent within each day. 

Comparisons of food intake on the same time schedules of wake/sleep would be logical.

Appetites change with age, too, sometimes to health detriment.  Eating considerably less in the elderly needs someone paying attention.  It can be a slippery slope when taste buds lose interest and cooking becomes tedious. 

Honored Contributor

I eat 3 meals a day but it's usually pretty light eating. Not huge meals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actual meals, probably not.  During the week I generally eat a bar of some sort for breakfast with a cup of coffee.  I'm not sure that really constitutes a meal.  Then I have lunch and dinner.

On the weekend I have either toast or cereal for breakfast and then some other meal.  It may be a late lunch or an early dinner.  

I have a couple of friends that rarely, if ever, actually eat a full meal.  They just graze on things throughout the day.   

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey  Yep, have done that most of my life and no problems with dropping over from hunger.

Esteemed Contributor

I just eat whenever I am hungry, although, I am trying to reduce just how much sugar I consume.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I eat whenever I'm hungry. I never have eaten three meals per day. My mother only cooked dinner. My bad habit is candy bars. Chocolate in particular. I do snack and I want to avoid sugars. I have never been over weight. I always eat breakfast though.
Esteemed Contributor

I usually eat two meals a day - - one around 10:00 am and the other around 3:00 pm. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, light breakfast and lunch. Good sized dinner. If I go out for breakfast, then I'm too full for lunch.