Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

Guess that would depend on your defination of a "meal". 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I always eat three meals a day and so does my sons household,I am a huge eating machine but I am fortunate not to gain excess weight.My dh always says it’s scary how much I eat.I have a snack before bed too...usually peanut butter on toast

Respected Contributor

Since my husband and I are both retired we usually eat breakfast around 8:00 AM and he will eat something for lunch but I'm never hungry and aside from an occasional snack mid-day, I'll wait until dinner.   

We both try to never eat anything in the evenings once we have dinner.   I feel that helps to keep our weight in check.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes....I'm diabetic and eat three meals at regular times.  It's typically a small breakfast and lunch with a little larger meal for dinner.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Of course I do.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I usually eat 2x. Either breakfast about 10:30am and then dinner, or a later lunch and dinner.

Lately nothing sounds good.  Today I've had an english muffin with butter and jelly and 2 cups of coffee. Chances are I'll be good until tomorrrow.

Honored Contributor

I graze

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I have a high metabolism, which I believe is sustained by eating smaller amounts throughout the day and exercising a lot.  If I go more that a few hours without food I get mentally spacey.  I'm actually trying to gain back some weight I lost and am having trouble doing that right now because I can't bring myself to start eating fattening unhealthy food just to gain weight.  I eat a lot of fruit, vegies, fish, and chicken......but I do have my snacks, which are ice cream, chocolate, and cookies!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I have a high metabolism, which I believe is sustained by eating smaller amounts throughout the day and exercising a lot.  If I go more that a few hours without food I get mentally spacey.  I'm actually trying to gain back some weight I lost and am having trouble doing that right now because I can't bring myself to start eating fattening unhealthy food just to gain weight.  I eat a lot of fruit, vegies, fish, and chicken......but I do have my snacks, which are ice cream, chocolate, and cookies!

You go girl!!  I exercise daily for my nightly bowl of ice cream.  Salad then sugar love the two S's together @2blonde 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I eat three meals a day every day.  My meals are much more regular since I retired.  I also eat much healthier.  LM