Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

@Mindy D   I eat one meal a day ~ from morning to night ~ I graze. Woman Wink

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Yesterday other than liquids nothing touched my lips (not even a single peanut) until about 8:30 p.m., and was not really hungry but did eat.  The day before I woke up hungry all day but still waited until the intermittent timing of about 18 hours had passed for a small snack.  Works for me as long as I drink tons of water all day.  But for the most part just no appetite until late evening and nice to look forward to what I am going to prepare. Being sleepy and heavy feeling after a regular meal in the afternoons just does not appeal to me.

@beckyb1012, I certainly understand that. I hate "brunch" because it makes me very slow. :-)

My lunch, though, consists of either a half whole-grain sandwich lightly filled with a small amount of sliced turkey and a half slice cheese and some fruit or a one-corn tortilla pan-grilled quesadilla with the same filling, plus some salsa. I never feel sleepy or heavy at all, just a bit regenerated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I eat whenever. I usually do make dinner.

Respected Contributor

Two meals a day. At night I snack. I can’t seem to lose weight?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I've ever eaten three meals a day.  Even as a child, I never wanted breakfast.  I have no appetite in the morning, and I've always been that way.  When I went away to college, I got the meal plan that included two meals per day because my parents and I knew that breakfast was not going to happen for me.

I also rarely have an official "lunch".  I tend to graze throughout the day - whether I'm home or not - and I have an actual meal for dinner. 

So I guess technically I only have one meal a day!  Two sometimes, but three pretty much never.