Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

I have to say that I am somewhat surprised at how many people don't eat regularly. I don't mean necessarily three square meals a day but some sort of schedule.

If you have energy and feel okay running on empty sometimes or just grazing, and you're able to stay at your optimum weight, then more power to you.

I'm just not sure about the health implications of going long stretches without eating or just grabbing snacks here and there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There are oodles of books and podcasts about intermittent fasting, also called time restricted eating.  I think several posters are doing a version of this.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

There are oodles of books and podcasts about intermittent fasting, also called time restricted eating.  I think several posters are doing a version of this.  

@tansy 

I've been doing that for awhile.

I cram all of my eating into an 8 hour window and then fast for 16.  It works well for my schedule and my digestion has never been better.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy 

I've been doing that for awhile.

I cram all of my eating into an 8 hour window and then fast for 16.  It works well for my schedule and my digestion has never been better.

There seem to be several benefits to having an eating window, @QueenDanceALot.  It’s easy for me to do a 7 hour window.  

Respected Contributor

you are so right, and I should know better coming from a medical back-ground..some days I just can't eat...I drink quite a bit of milk and take supplements..

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Thanks so much, especially about the rice.

You are such a Good person, Trinity, and I mean that sincerely.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Yup, I'm a type 1 diabetic and yes, I eat 3 meals a day religiously.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I eat a light breakfast, big lunch and a yogurt shake at four.   Nothing after 4.  

Honored Contributor

i eat one meal a day, usually around lunchtime or shorty after.

Not because I'm dieting, I just don't have a lot of appetite.

But DH eats 3 x day, whether he's hungry or not, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yesterday other than liquids nothing touched my lips (not even a single peanut) until about 8:30 p.m., and was not really hungry but did eat.  The day before I woke up hungry all day but still waited until the intermittent timing of about 18 hours had passed for a small snack.  Works for me as long as I drink tons of water all day.  But for the most part just no appetite until late evening and nice to look forward to what I am going to prepare. Being sleepy and heavy feeling after a regular meal in the afternoons just does not appeal to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."