Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

I eat three small meals a day....never a lot at one time.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Three meals a day?  As a child yes.  But not as an adult.  I have eaten just one food meal a day for probably 25 plus years.  During the day I drink warm unsweetened almond milk  or tea and take herbs and supplements...that is all.

I eat a healthy  dinner that  rarely changes...big fresh green salad and either nuts, salmon or chicken breast.  I try to eat no meat twice a week and just have nuts in my salad.  I Buy a low carb  no sugar added bread online that I have with my salad and use fresh avocado or hummus as a spread on the bread.  Sometimes I will have a raw apple in my salad....but that is it as far as going off the usual menu. 

I eat my meal  at about 4 pm....  and that's it until 4 pm the next day.  I just feel better and function better not digesting FOOD all day long. The almond milk fills me up and seems to be enough. 

What’s the name of the bread, please, @SeaMaiden?  

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I have rarely eaten three meals in a day. I don’t think this is actually common practice even if it’s always depicted as such in American culture. I wonder how prevalent this practice is among adults.

Yes. Always.  If I don’t, I end up snacking and gaining weight. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do but I am going to start eating  breakfast then lunch OR dinner not both. 

Honored Contributor

When I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes years ago, I was instructed to eat breakfast with 30 minutes of getting up and than to eat several small meals throughout the day.  Bad advice as I was always thinking about food.

Now, like @cherry, I eat one or two meals during the day.  Surprisingly, I’m less hungry doing this.

Growing up I ate three meals and had a snack.  Breakfast was just a bowl of sugary cereal though:/

Honored Contributor

No. I remember doing it when I was a kid. If I eat breakfast I find myself hungry all day. On weekends I may eat brunch. I usually just eat in the evening.
Respected Contributor

I actually eat  five meals every day - three regular meals and two snacks. I started eating this way to regain some weight that I lost.

Honored Contributor

Yep. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

I have rarely eaten three meals in a day. I don’t think this is actually common practice even if it’s always depicted as such in American culture. I wonder how prevalent this practice is among adults.

Almost always.

I also follow a 16-8 intermittent fast as it works well for me and my schedule.  But I still eat three meals in that 8 hour window.  Almost always!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I eat three meals a day and assumed most people did. The dieticians at work always said it is important to maintain blood sugar levels. I can't imagine a nutritionist telling people not to either eat three regular meals a day or six small meals for some medical conditions. No one is going to lose weight because they don't eat three meals a day.