Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

Yes, I eat 3 meals a day, along with a small snack when I finish my morning workouts. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

yes, I eat 3 meals a day with a couple of snacks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

I actually had to read your title twice to make sure I was reading it right.  I've alway eaten three meals a day and don't plan to stop anytime soon.  I have oatmeal with fruit and skim milk for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a meal with protein and two vegetables for dinner.  I've never been able to skip a meal because I get shaky if I do.  Never been overweight in my life.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Three small, healthful meals a day plus dessert.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Three meals a day?  As a child yes.  But not as an adult.  I have eaten just one food meal a day for probably 25 plus years.  During the day I drink warm unsweetened almond milk  or tea and take herbs and supplements...that is all.

I eat a healthy  dinner that  rarely changes...big fresh green salad and either nuts, salmon or chicken breast.  I try to eat no meat twice a week and just have nuts in my salad.  I Buy a low carb  no sugar added bread online that I have with my salad and use fresh avocado or hummus as a spread on the bread.  Sometimes I will have a raw apple in my salad....but that is it as far as going off the usual menu. 

I eat my meal  at about 4 pm....  and that's it until 4 pm the next day.  I just feel better and function better not digesting FOOD all day long. The almond milk fills me up and seems to be enough. 

Respected Contributor

No.  When I worked and was single. I drank coffee all day and only ate dinner around 5pm.  Did that for years. (I know it was not healthy, but I just wasn't hungry.)   If for some reason I got a little spacy I would have a snack.

Now retired.  DH & I eat a very late light breakfast at around 10am.  There are many days in the morning, I have to encourage myself to eat, just not hungry.   We have dinner at 4:30pm and have some dessert.  

Honored Contributor

I eat small portions and small snacks. With blood sugar issues I am supposed to have a little food every couple of hours but I dont always do that. Sometimes I graze all day.  Someone posted on FB recently and it said:  breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, supper like a pauper.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Just two meals.   

Most of today's food only provides enough nutrient to sustain life, but not good health, so three times a day I take supplements (at least 10).  

Trusted Contributor

I eat after working out about 7-7:15 am and have 2 soft boiled eggs with buttered whole wheat toast.

i'm retired so for lunch I’ll have a bowl..big bowl..of oatmeal with 2% milk and sweetened with Splenda.

About 5:15-5:30 I have a handful of pecans. That’s it for me until breakfast next morning.

If I happen to go out for breakfast, rarely, all bets are off. I enjoy and savor a heavy breakfast. I go out to lunch occasionally, like today, where I’ll have a heart lunch. Had a small pizza and Caesar salad today.

Will have my pecans at the usual time. I don’t deviate much when home.

Trusted Contributor

I eat 3 meals a day because I am HUNGRY!!  I use My Fitness Pal religiously to track my food because I am under Doctor's orders not to gain weight .  It is very easy for me to gain weight, and VERY difficult for me to maintain my weight and remain a size medium.  

If I ever get "that" diagnosis, I will fill the trunk of my car with Cheetos and M&Ms before I head home .