Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here actually eat three meals a day?

@beckyb1012   Yes, I hate to admit I love sugar, but it's true.  I'd be a really mean person if I didn't have my small bowl of ice cream, one cookie, and some Waggoner's chocolate every evening!   Cat Surprised

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I eat at least 3 meals a day--LOL!!  Definitely breakfast/lunch/dinner and a couple of between meal snacks.

@Mindy D  If I may ask, what is your routine????

Honored Contributor

Lunch and dinner for me.  

Honored Contributor

I do unless I'm sick.

Honored Contributor

When I worked I ate breakfast and lunch.  Now that I'm retired I eat breakfast around 8:30 and then small snacks until diner around 6:00.  I could never eat 3 meals a day.  If I eat around 1:00 then I don't want diner - maybe just a snack later.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I graze

Your comment made me laugh because I once worked with a Veterinarian who said he ate like a shark because he never stopped to eat a full meal but just grazed all day long.

It worked for him because he never had any weight issues and he seemed to be healthy.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde we are alike with the high metabolism .My dentist has to add freezing during procedures and even then it is nearly gone by the time I get home.....he says it is my metabolism.We are fortunate that we burn through those calories...some people seem to have such sluggish metabolisms.I was wondering if you have ever dieted.I haven’t and think that could be part of the reason my system works so well.

Honored Contributor

I do, I usually eat toast and fruit or toast and oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch, and hubby and I eat a good dinner, usually a meat, and veggie....Sometimes we have a carb such as Rice, or a Potato as well with Dinner...... 

Honored Contributor

Yes. I need to eat to keep a healthy weight. I have malabsorption so I eat nutrient-dense, no empty-calorie foods.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I keep a food diary. I definitely eat three meals a day. Snacks not so much.