Esteemed Contributor

Do you have dentures, and if so are they hard to eat with? I heard the bottom ones are horrible (but not the top). Is this true?

Please read my story so you may understand where I am coming from.

This subject seems to turn people off, but I am considering dentures because- I have had so many root canals due to infections and or breaking teeth on BREAD, PIZZA etc I lost count. I am fed up with paying thousands of dollars. Yes we have insurance but it doesnt pay it all in a year because I keep having issues all year long (in between visits).

Even 2 of my root canals have gone bad! and I have a partial plate w JUST a few teeth on.

My teeth are so weak, they have even broken when the hygentist was CLEANING them (I kid you not). My Mom had had the same issue and her teeth were lovely BUT the roots were bad and she had them pulled (this is way back when -she is now deceased).

Well, I see the dentist this week because my teeth are in agony (top and bottom) and I KNOW theres infection again. Dentist CRINGES when I mention dentures, saying OMG no, you will have bone loss.

To add-some of my teeth are also worn down from grinding and I cannot afford veneers (thats considered cosmetic and insurance doesnt pay if I am correct?)

AND I take care of them. I go to the dentist every six months and brush and floss my teeth CONSTANTLY and still they break or go bad. So, whether he likes it or not, I am questioning him about dentures again.

So I would like your input, thank you.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles