Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have concert tickets?

I've mentioned before that I had purchased tickets for two concerts this year prior to the virus.  Both have been postponed until October.

It's impossible for me to imagine they will happen this year at all.  The venue is small, but tables are close with drinking and eating.

Even if they spaced out guests, they cannot accommodate in one night all the tickets purchased for an artist.

Of course, since the concerts are "postponed" and not cancelled, there are no refunds at this time.

I'm OK with waiting to see what happens (have no choice), but at some point, I think most venues are going to have to issue refunds unless they are willing to schedule way in the future.

Makes me sad, but I'm not going until I can feel safe, which means, likely, no time in the near future.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have concert tickets?

yup....billy joel at fenway.....boo hoo....

Respected Contributor

Concert tickets - no.  But I do have tickets for the final two days of the Ryder Cup, slated to be played in Kohler, WI at the end of September. They've still not made on official announcement regarding it's status. The PGA is currently playing tournaments without fans, but the majority of the players on both sides say they don't want to play the tourney without fans. The most recent "news" I've seen is that they'll announce that it'll be postponed until 2021 sometime next week. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hub's retirement gift to himself. Nitty Gritty Dirtband tix. They visited our college campus a few times when we were puppies and I surprised hubs with tix on his 50th bd. Postponed. We'll go another day. I hope.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Yep....Rolling Stones.  Like your concert, postponed, not cancelled.  Probably won't be rescheduled until next summer. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have tickets to Matchbox Twenty in July and Train in August.

Matchbox Twenty was recently resheduled to July of 2021.  I was able to request a refund on that one.  Train has only been postponed so that one is still up in the air??

I don't think we'll be attending any concerts unfortunately.  I just can't imagine sitting close to strangers anymore.  Luckily I've seen enough concerts to last me a lifetime.  @Travone  I do hope you get to see the Rolling Stones though.  I saw them last summer at Gillette stadium in Foxboro Ma.  It was my 13th time!!!!!!  Love those boys.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal   The rolling stones were my first ever concert at age 13, 47 years ago..   I haven't seen them since.  I figure this is probably my last chance to see them live.  They and I are going to be too old soon.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had mostly theater tickets cancelled, but I was supposed to see Elton John last Friday night. They were originally just postponing the event, which meant they weren’t refunding. But, they changed their policy and I did end up getting my refund a week or so ago. I was kind of happy because I only got the ticket after seeing Rocketman and had since been disappointed in Elton’s performances on some of the COVID relief shows. I was never a huge fan, so not sorry to miss.
Honored Contributor

I gave my son-in-law a gift certificate for Stub Hub at Christmas, I hope he will eventually get to use it.

Honored Contributor

The Kennedy Center has announced that it has scrubbed the remainder of their 2020 season and postponed "Kennedy Center Honors" for next year.