Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have a gas range with a air fryer in it......

would love your thoughts, recommendations or experiences.

Need a new range.  See that have many machines have 5 burners, air fryers', convection ovens.

Do the air fryers work as quickly as stand alones.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a gas range with a air fryer in it......

@hopi I just bought a new air fryer.  

I have a Bosch dual fuel range (propane/electric/convection) that I love.  I bought it so I could cook during power outages as we live in suburbs and sometimes power restoration takes awhile.  The range is now 17 years old.  It was expensive when we bought it and I was a bit afraid of propane for cooking.  Best decision we ever made.  I cook all my roasts in convection setting and couldn't believe the difference from regular roast setting.

i was hesitant to buy the air fryer because I hate a cluttered countertop and wondered if it was something I would really use.  I bought an America's Test Kitchen magazine with detailed info on air fryers, which were the best ones and a collection of recipes that look delicious so I am eager to try them out.

I googled and found this info...

Air fryers and convection ovens are very similar appliances. They both work by circulating hot air with a fan, giving foods a more even, often crispier finish. The main difference comes down to size. Because air fryers are smaller, they heat up to a more intense heat more quickly.

I bought one big enough to cook a 3-4 lb chicken and other small roasts.  You don't have to pre heat the air fryer (countertop model) so that is an energy saving.

There are just two of us so I am hoping we will get good use.

Good luck with your purchase.  Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

I have a Bosch dual fuel range (propane/electric/convection) that I love.  I bought it so I could cook during power outages as we live in suburbs and sometimes power restoration takes awhile.  The range is now 17 years old.  It was expensive when we bought it and I was a bit afraid of propane for cooking.  Best decision we ever made.  I cook all my roasts in convection setting and couldn't believe the difference from regular roast setting.

i was hesitant to buy the air fryer because I hate a cluttered countertop and wondered if it was something I would really use.  I bought an America's Test Kitchen magazine with detailed info on air fryers, which were the best ones and a collection of recipes that look delicious so I am eager to try them out.

I googled and found this info...

Air fryers and convection ovens are very similar appliances. They both work by circulating hot air with a fan, giving foods a more even, often crispier finish. The main difference comes down to size. Because air fryers are smaller, they heat up to a more intense heat more quickly.

I bought one big enough to cook a 3-4 lb chicken and other small roasts.  You don't have to pre heat the air fryer (countertop model) so that is an energy saving.

There are just two of us so I am hoping we will get good use.

Good luck with your purchase.  Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

@Lilysmom1    Thank you.    I keep toying with the thought of getting an air fryer.    Ummmmm.......I'd probably EAT TOO MUCH, tho.....so it's still on hold....      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

My LG is a gas range and does have an airfryer setting, we've used it a few times and it did pretty well. We also have an Emeril countertop oven that is also an air fryer (it has a bunch of settings) and it outshines the larger range setting. I love our Emeril, we take it with us in the motorhome since it does not have an oven, but it really stinks at making toast!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Regular Contributor

We have an LG gas stove with an air fryer in it. LOVE the stove. I have used the air fryer a few times and since I do not have a counter top one, I have nothing to compare it to. However, I will say, that the air fryer mode has not impressed me enough to think of using it on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

I had to replace my gas range last year,i sure thought of getting one with that, but my thought was ,just something else to go wrong.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi , I will let you know what my experience is like.  I have yet to unpack mine...probably tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Lilysmom1 

What air fryer did you purchase.... after reading all the posts, it might be better to get the separate air fry and a regular stove.  Preheating the oven is a pain and in the summer... I dread turning the oven on.

Respected Contributor

@hopi , I bought Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 Indoor Grill with Integrated Smart Probe, 3.9 L (4 qt.) Air Fryer..  I bought it from Costco.  It had a few thousand 4.5/5* reviews.  It is big enough to cook a 3-4 lb chicken and a small roast.  I plan to use it tomorrow.  🤞🤞🤞

Esteemed Contributor

My new gas stove pretty much does everything but I haven’t yet played around with the air fryer settings.