Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a Whirlpool Cabrio?

Speed Queen Owners: please clarify your comments about your washers by indicating as „pre-2018“ or NEW version. That would be most helpful to those of us following and making decisions since we now only have access to NEW. Thanks
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I can say is I would never on this earth buy the Cabrio or anything like it again.  We had a pair of them for years and NOTHING about the washer was good.  It twisted everything we put in it, sounded like a jet taking off, took forever to "wash" (and I use the term loosely) a load and was a total hot mess.  

It would wash about 5 minutes (enough to completely twist the clothes) then stop saying it's load was unbalanced.

We have had an LG front load for over a year and love it, but we leave the door ajar and don't live in a really damp and humid climate.  We are thrilled with it so far. 

Let me add if you have a tight space for a washer measure first!  Many of them are so big now!

Trusted Contributor

My SQ is the 2018 model. From what the appliance gentleman said, the ones prior to mine did not have all the new government regs in them that hamper the performance of the machine. He said the ones prior to the 2018 model they could not keep in stock and sold out. I have the newer one. The techs that installed it gave me a tutorial on how to use it to boost the performance back to where the earlier models were. I am very grateful.

Respected Contributor

When I was looking at SQ's recently, the salesman indicated reading instructions was key in getting best performance.  Glad you followed instructions.,