Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have a Victrola or the new 'old fashioned' music centers?

Good advice @chiclets. I did not think of that.
Respected Contributor

A Victrola?  Victrola was the brand name of the first or one of the first record players.  The company that made them was RCA VICTOR.  The logo was a little dog listening to a device with a big horn shaped speaker.  Victrolas are real antiques. 

DH tells me we bave a record player which we purchased as part of a system back in the 1990's. It's in the attic and I am not going to look for it.  We have records which are probably warped and unplayable.  We moved from NC to Texas and back to NC during the summer, and had to put our things in storage both times.  I doubt the truck or the storage facilities were air conditioned.  Not good for vinyl records! 

Valued Contributor

We have "stereo" players- plays vinyl and cd's- great sound- speakers are separate-- I also have a really old "portable" record player (closes up with a handle) - 33's 45's and even 78's vinyl (back when Teens would get together at each other's house and dance in the back yard!--- and an Original "RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER" BY GENE AUTRY! LOL!  also bought a multi- player unit from the Q some years back -plays vinyl and am/fm radio and cd's (Thomas Piccone) although the cd part isn't working now and I don't know who can fix it- If I could I'd replace that part myself but don't know where I'd find the part since the Piconne(sp) is out of that business.--- I noticed some of the larger retailers sell similar units. The "design" is old- fashioned. not too bad in price.

Valued Contributor

OH AND I WOULD LOVE one of those really old ones with the big "HORN" -- probably worth a fortune if you could find one! (I doubt the sound is great but hey- can't have everything! It' just LOOKS COOL!!!