Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone get their local newspaper delivered 7X/week? How much $

Our local paper was absorbed by a region-wide paper and no longer offers delivery.  YOu have to pick it up at 7-11 and places like that.

They have an online version that I follow on Facebook and so far I have not met my monthly free reading limit (not much happens around here!)  LOL

I like knowing what's going on in my immediate area.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I was only paying $12 a month for the past 2 years, but they went up to $18 now. Still not bad at all for daily delivery! I live w/my dad and he HAS to have the physical paper, digital access is included in our subscription, but my dad never utilizes it. He loves doing the crossword puzzle too. It's just a daily ritual for him, get up/get coffee and read the paper :-) I pay for it for him. He really does enjoy it! Woman Very Happy

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

i get 2 full time newspapers.

one is monthly $35.00

the other is yearly $210.00 a  year. I paid this bill in full in august. I may drop this one next year. will see. 

reason for other monthly newspaper is the yearly subscription stopped being delivered (why have NO idea) called about it for weeks and got no where with talking to live human beings. sending hundreds of emails, all I got was,  promised we'll get the paper to you tomorrow, nothing ever showed up. I just gave up.

i called the northern state newspaper to begin their service which is charged monthly on credit card. 

after some figureing out both newspapers got together in my state northern and southern (2 different papers) and are now only having 1 carrier deliver both papers. 

so after some weeks I am finally getting both newspapers I paid / pay for.  

that is why i have 2 papers. am afraid if I stop one paper, i won't get the other paper. I enjoy reading the paper and so my husband. will see what happens when my subscription ends for my yearly paper. I may cancel and just get 1 paper via credit card montly payment.

Honored Contributor

We don't even  have a paper now. I really miss it. It was a great service to the community

Honored Contributor

Ours had went to 539 a yr, so, we just take the Sunday's now.

Don't get that much bang for our buck with the daily any more.

Honored Contributor

My paper is $50 a month.  The rate is the same every month.

Honored Contributor

I get the Seattle Times delivered 7 days a week.  I pay about $150 every three months.  My Husband likes to read the paper every morning in bed... thus we keep paying for it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Iquit it and just get the Sunday one.

Honored Contributor

One of the biggest blessings of my life is getting the local news without having to deal with all that paper and mess and ads that we used to have to toss out and haul around! 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden : We pay more than you quarterly but both

of us prefer having the paper in hand rather than online. We don't read our morning paper until the afternoon after lunch as we relax from the day.

As long as we can afford it we will always continue.