Honored Contributor

Does anyone else like butter tarts?

Our farmers market had a special kids section today. I bought some photo cards (I use them as thank you notes)...then I saw them - BUTTER TARTS!

I turned out the grandparents were from Toronto and grandma taught her granddaughter how to make them. I bought 6 minis with raisins - my son ate 4 in one sitting. He said they were as good as any he had eaten in Toronto.

Are they a specialty of any other area? Maybe near the northern border?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone else like butter tarts?

I've never heard of them. I'm in California.
Super Contributor

I haven't heard of them. I did look them up. they look and sound yummy. I can see why your son ate 4 in a sitting.

Respected Contributor

I never heard of them either.

They sound so good!

You had me at butter.

Super Contributor

Oh yes yes yes! Butter tarts! Oh man, how I miss those delectable treats!

( But I'm Canadian)

Used to eat 4 at a sitting, couldn't help myself. My mother in laws homemade, oh, I am just losing it here.

Hubs is heading up there for a visit, tarts are going on the list of things to bring back with him. ( we live in the US now)

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Canada61 said:

Oh yes yes yes! Butter tarts! Oh man, how I miss those delectable treats!

( But I'm Canadian)

Used to eat 4 at a sitting, couldn't help myself. My mother in laws homemade, oh, I am just losing it here.

Hubs is heading up there for a visit, tarts are going on the list of things to bring back with him. ( we live in the US now)

There are two more left...should I go grab one before my son comes home from work?

These are really good....very homey butter tarts - not Tim Horton butter tarts (which will do in an emergency).

Super Contributor

Terrier, get em while the gettin's good I say.

Honored Contributor

OK...I'm blaming you though!

The grandfather was really interesting. He played pee-wee hockey with Tim Horton back in the day. He used to go to grand opening of Toronto donut shops, back when Timmie was a Maple Leaf.

I had mentioned that my son was dual...he knew all about my ex too...said he was a "mucker and a grinder"...just like Don Cherry used to say!

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 terrier3 said:

OK...I'm blaming you though!

The grandfather was really interesting. He played pee-wee hockey with Tim Horton back in the day. He used to go to grand opening of Toronto donut shops, back when Timmie was a Maple Leaf.

I had mentioned that my son was dual...he knew all about my ex too...said he was a "mucker and a grinder"...just like Don Cherry used to say!

Oh, How I miss home right now...

Respected Contributor

truth be known...........I don't even know what a butter tart is............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo