Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else find these summer days endless

It is so stinking hot here and will not cool down till at least October and the days are long and boring.  Too hot to get out and walk.  Even at 5:30 in the morning it is hot.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gellen wrote:

I am a teacher and having been off since March I am finding these summer days endless since I am not going anywhere and live alone.  I few visits with friends to look forward to and that is about it.  I look at the clock and it is 10 minutes later than the last time I looked.  I do have things to keep me busy but not enough to fill up two months!

@gellen 

The days and weeks fly by for me. I am always extremely busy at work and that did not change at all during the two months when I was working from home. Evenings are too short and weekends hardly arrive when it is Monday morning again. 

I don’t go anywhere other than to work or to pick up a grocery order. I do text regularly with friends and family and talk to some on the phone every week. 

Honored Contributor

I despise summer and all the long days of hot sunshine.  This summer being so different as actually caused it to go by faster for me.  I suppose I am worry about how my beloved fall and winter holidays may fare in all this.  Seem to be speeding breakneck toward not having the usual/traditional anything.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Time seems to pass quickly for me.

Our garbage/recycling is picked up Friday mornings, so our neighborhood puts the cans out on Thursday evenings. It never fails to surprise me that, once again, it's Thursday when it just seemed as if it was just Thursday "yesterday."

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Summer is not a favorite time for me.  I just put up with it, and wait for it to be over.  With this year being so awful with the virus and rioting, I needed to do something to take my mind off of all of it.  I conditioned myself enough with the heat to be able to get out in the yard.  I pace myself so I don't get discouraged by the heat.  I have totally redone all the flower beds in the front of the house.  Digging in the dirt has been great therapy.  That yard time has given me motivation to re-do some things inside.  Perfect timing since it's now way too hot for outside work.  In the late afternoon and evening I settle back and read and enjoy my cocktail hour. 

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach I know, right! The days drag, but the weeks just fly by. Why is that?

Honored Contributor

I actually don't this year. It's been exceptionally cool for the summer in NC.