Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone else find these summer days endless

Feel your pain.  One of my goals is to never wish my life away. Summer heat, humidity, pandemic, social unrest, hate, bigotry has  this year more than an extremely difficult time.

Honored Contributor

unnamed.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't.  I actually wish they were longer!

And it's not because I'm busy busy busy all the time, I'm not.  Because of COVID I've been working a fraction of what I was.  But my days still seem to fly by.  

And I'd much rather they slow down.

Trusted Contributor

I've been, and continue to, deal with DH's health issues so it is constant worry everyday to go along with Dr.s appointments, medical procedures, etc.
I'm also the sole caregiver for my mother, who will be 85 next month.
I think some days are longer than others. No vacations or breaks on my horizon (haven't been away overnight in almost five years-no one to watch my mom). I used to love the summer when I had a life, but those days are over for me, sadly. Now, I just "wait for the other shoe to fall" as they say. Thank goodness for books and these boards!!!!😐
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  Me too!

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Spurt  Me too!

Anything BUT summer.... Woman Frustrated

Is your avatar your real kitty?  My sister rescued a sweet kitty that looks just like that....he is a character and has a sweet and mischevious personality.... 

34388179_1932810610084597_7056910706490212352_o.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@hooked on books  Bless you for being the caregiver for both your husband and mother! 
  I took care of my husband through heart surgery, then cancer. I understand how hard it is. Perhaps hospice could give you a bit of help for your mother. (But you may not want them coming in). This virus makes everything harder. 
  Take care and daily try to get a walk and fresh air!

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@hooked on books  Bless you for being the caregiver for both your husband and mother! 
  I took care of my husband through heart surgery, then cancer. I understand how hard it is. Perhaps hospice could give you a bit of help for your mother. (But you may not want them coming in). This virus makes everything harder. 
  Take care and daily try to get a walk and fresh air!

@1Snickers @hooked on books I think both of you are inspiring.  Thanks for sharing your stories.

Contributor

I am loving this Summer! We have an adult disabled son that still lives with us. He has not worked since March. I have enjoyed him being home so much. I'm not sure when or if he will go back to work. Last Winter we had just under 100 inches of  snow! I hate snow. I love Spring and Summer. Things are just starting to open here. My son and I have  been busy cutting our grass at least 2 times a week. Our yard is very large.  We both enjoy yard work. I take care of our pool which I enjoy too. We have a puppy to walk and play with. Then there is the house to take care of. It's small, so I'm always looking for ways to organize things. I would rather be outside, so once it warmed up, I was happy. March was hard and I'm high risk, so my husband did the grocery shopping till the middle of April. People are getting lax here because our numbers are better now. I worry things will get bad again and things will close again here.I see alot of people with no mask and forget about self distancing now. People are just tired and  not doing it.

Honored Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
I've been, and continue to, deal with DH's health issues so it is constant worry everyday to go along with Dr.s appointments, medical procedures, etc.
I'm also the sole caregiver for my mother, who will be 85 next month.
I think some days are longer than others. No vacations or breaks on my horizon (haven't been away overnight in almost five years-no one to watch my mom). I used to love the summer when I had a life, but those days are over for me, sadly. Now, I just "wait for the other shoe to fall" as they say. Thank goodness for books and these boards!!!!😐

@hooked on books 

It sounds like you're at the end of your rope.Cat Sad

Have you looked into Care.com?  There are professional "sitters" who will take care of her, with references and all, if you would like to get away for a bit.