Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

I get as many spam or telemarketer calls on my cell phone as we do on our home landline.  At least on my cell phone, the caller I.D. states "Spam Likely."    We never answer our home phone unless it's a number or name we recognize.  Thank goodness for that "Block Caller" button on our landline!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Same here, it’s ridiculous! Some of the ph#’s call multiple times per day
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There is no privacy anymore, pay for non published number and somehow charities and others get the number. I do believe Medicare and possibly other insurance companies sell our numbers to companies during open season. That is when I seem to be flooded with these calls. I thought of getting rid of my landline but it is needed for my internet DSL line. I can change all that to cable company but just haven’t had the energy to do it yet! I rarely get out of my seat to check phone when it rings. If they don’t leave a message then imo don’t want to talk to me. One of my relatives said it’s now necessary to make an appointment with the person wanting to call for just general chit chat, they always do that with me.