Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone agree about long threads

[ Edited ]

Never mind !!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

JMHO ----But its easier to follow a conversation when you quote a post that you are replying to----  I HATE those that say....@posters name and then they put a Heart along with a couple sentences in response and you have go back through the posts to figure what they were even talking about!!!

@Spurt 

Or worse yet, they put a heart and don't even put the poster's name that they're referring to!  Who is the reply or emoji for?

I think a lot of people don't realize that if they use the "reply" button on the post they're referencing, their post goes to the end of the thread--not right under the person's post that they are referencing.  And if there are multiple posts by that first person, how can anyone know what the reply is for?

(SPURT, you notice I quoted you!😉😆)

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

JMHO ----But its easier to follow a conversation when you quote a post that you are replying to----  I HATE those that say....@posters name and then they put a Heart along with a couple sentences in response and you have go back through the posts to figure what they were even talking about!!!

@Spurt 

Or worse yet, they put a heart and don't even put the poster's name that they're referring to!  Who is the reply or emoji?

I think a lot of people don't realize that if they use the "reply" button on the post they're referencing, their post goes to the end of the thread--not right under the person's post that they are referencing.  And if there are multiple posts by that first person, how can anyone know what the reply is for?

@geezerette 

Im quoting you too 😄.....  Yep, I guess they dont realize it doesnt work like Facebook...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What really gets to me ,is the reposting of the threads, why can't people just answer,and stop  doing that?

@goldensrbest 

Please explain HOW anyone will know who they are referring to?   If I hadn't just quoted you, how could anyone know if I was responding to you or a post on the first page?  

If this type of posting really bothers you that much, your best bet is to respond only to threads that are still quite short,   Most people here aren't psychic.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt 

Or worse yet, they put a heart and don't even put the poster's name that they're referring to!  Who is the reply or emoji?

@geezerette 

Im quoting you too 😄.....  Yep, I guess they dont realize it doesnt work like Facebook...

@Spurt   @geezerette 

Based on some of the comments here, I am beginning to suspect some posters don't really understand how message boards work.  JMHO of course.

Honored Contributor

If I add, I add, if I don't, I don't.  But I'm retired, so maybe I have more time then some others, and it doesn't bother me. I can always skip it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt 

@geezerette 

@Spurt   @geezerette 

Based on some of the comments here, I am beginning to suspect some posters don't really understand how message boards work.  JMHO of course.

@Tinkrbl44 

That may be true, and it also depends on what device you are using to reply---whether it be a phone, laptop, or tablet....different devices display the Forum format differently 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Message Board. 

Discussion Board.

Posting Board.

Depends upon how you view it and how you choose to use it.  No one way is wrong. 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs I agree.  It gets crazy after a while and hard to follow.  TMI.  Just replay to the poster and don't quote.  Also it bugs me when the post has been answered 3 or 4 times yet people DO NOT look and just repeat the same response.

Super Contributor

Dang, only just learned about a week or so ago how to use the quote function. Can't win.