Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Someone might have mentioned this already.  I haven't read all the posts.

But doesn't your car have a seat  height-adjustment feature?  I don't mean adjusting the slant of the backrest, but the height of the entire seat.  

DH figured out that my complaints about not getting good visibility out of my windows had to do with seat height, and I didn't realize I could raise it.  He fixed it.....I've seen a lot more and better out of those windows ever since.

Seat height has a lot to do with where the seat belt hits your body, too--especially if you're short.

Well you want to be able to reach the floor. Smiley Wink    Mine actually come out of the seat so that wouldn't work for me.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic

Our 2004 vehicle has pedals that you adjust, higher or lowr, for those with shorter legs, and a height adjustable seat.  Height is not the determining factor for everyone. I know several men that are over 6' tall, but haven a shorter upper body than I do, at my now shrunken to 5' 7" height. Everyone's height is not determined by their leg, or upper body length(height), many variables.

With modern day vehicles there are many available options for many safety, and/or, just comfort factors. If it is a safety or comfort issue when purchasing a vehicle, many are/were available, even back on our 14 year old vehicle.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your Seatbelt Hurt You?

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

Alter your shoulder strap at your own risk. They are designed a specific way on each vehicle for a specific reason. Shoulder straps(harness, whatever) are designed to protect our precious faces and head, even from the air bag when it deploys.

And many like to blame the vehicle manufacturers, when in fact, 100% of the blame is "their finger pointing at themselves". Like some look at preventable health and life saving procedures(Colonoscopy for 1),  "it only happens to other people".  Sure it does!!!!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Oh John, leave it to you .....  you're the only person I know who could find a way to bring colonoscopies into a conversation about car seat belts!    LOL   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@debic

Our 2004 vehicle has pedals that you adjust, higher or lowr, for those with shorter legs, and a height adjustable seat.  Height is not the determining factor for everyone. I know several men that are over 6' tall, but haven a shorter upper body than I do, at my now shrunken to 5' 7" height. Everyone's height is not determined by their leg, or upper body length(height), many variables.

With modern day vehicles there are many available options for many safety, and/or, just comfort factors. If it is a safety or comfort issue when purchasing a vehicle, many are/were available, even back on our 14 year old vehicle.

hckynut(john)

That would be nice, but I don't have that on mine.  My car is a 2005, neither does my husbands, his is 2008.    He's long bodied as well, but tall enough he doesn't worry about reaching the pedals.  Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*