Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your Seatbelt Hurt You?

@Nightowlz wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Ours are adjustable, there's a slide on the door post.

@CelticCrafter We have those too but I'm short so it does not help me. DH is tall so he does not have that problem with the seat belts like I do.

@Nightowlz  Yes, mine is already down as far it will go on the door adjustment. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom    @Nightowlz    @Beauty$Junkie  

I've found another solution ......   as soon as I was able to examine the gizmo that prevents the top half of the seatbelt from rubbing against my neck, I found an even cheaper alternative.

Just plain old coated pony tail rubber bands do the trick  .....  the stretchy nylon coated elastic bands ......  just slide one on the seatbelt and leave it behind the clip that goes into the seat.   When the seat is fastened, you can slide it up or down the belt to adjust it for you.   Works like a charm!    Woman LOL

My belt is black and I got a package of black scrunchie bands and keep them in my glove compartment .....  every once in a while one will pop off, but since I got a card of 20 at the dollar store, I'm good for a while.

These things come in a lot of colors, so it should be pretty easy to find some the color of your seat belt.

In case I'm not clear ..... here's an example.  HTH

Image result for goody ponytail bands

Respected Contributor

I don't have that problem but another.  In my present car where the seat belt is located I have a terrible time reaching back to get it from where my seat is positioned.  There is no adjustment to move it forward.  I am not motion limited in anyway, it is just a terrible design flaw.  When I was asked to evaluate the car after purchase I noted it.

I tried looking for a product that I could attach to alleviate this issue but have found none.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

I don't have that problem but another.  In my present car where the seat belt is located I have a terrible time reaching back to get it from where my seat is positioned.  There is no adjustment to move it forward.  I am not motion limited in anyway, it is just a terrible design flaw.  When I was asked to evaluate the car after purchase I noted it.

I tried looking for a product that I could attach to alleviate this issue but have found none.

@Allegheny

I would check with the manager of the dealership for a solution.  You can't possibly be the only person that had this issue.   

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Thank you!  Fabulous idea.  

It is really odd how the design is.  I am of average height and arm length.  I feel bad for anyone shorter.  It is the same on the passenger side.  I have pretty much adjusted to grabbing it as I get in the car.

I once owned a Mazda 2 door that had a neat system.  The seat belt was on a track above the window.  When the car was started.  The seat belt attachment moved forward.

Esteemed Contributor

No problem and I am short.  

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom, Yes my seat belt harness cuts into my neck, and I have adjusted it up and down so many times!  I am short and drive a SUV and I guess that is why, I am constantly pulling it out while I am driving, I hate it!  I have tried the covers and my DH hates them, thinks they are tacky!

Honored Contributor

Some times it rubs my neck ,i do not like that at all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

Mine also rubs on my neck.  I have it slid down as far as it will go.  Maybe I am adjusting it incorrectly and it needs to be slid up?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@saltysails wrote:

Mine also rubs on my neck.  I have it slid down as far as it will go.  Maybe I am adjusting it incorrectly and it needs to be slid up?

@saltysails  @goldensrbest

See my post #12 for solution.