Respected Contributor

Does Your Seatbelt Hurt You?

Mine did.  There used to be a product that looked like a large paper clip but I couldn't find them.  We did find a fantastic product at Wal Mart called 'Auto Drive Seat Belt Comfort Clips."  They come in a little hanging cardboard package.  Best of all they were only $3.00!  Thet work and I hope others will get the relief I have from these.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your Seatbelt Hurt You?

Mine dont hurt but they keep sliding up around my neck and are so tight I cant move.  I bought some clips to keep them looser and in place but they dont hold.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yes, across my collar bone when I wear summer clothing.  When I wear a winter coat I don't have that issue.  

I use a piece of fleece attached to two velcro straps which I got in the auto accessory dept of Walmart.

Honored Contributor

Definitely. Since I’m short, the shoulder part of the belt hits me right across the base of my neck. Besides being annoying, I figure if I had to hit the brakes, I’d be decapitated by the belt, for sure. 🤭

Honored Contributor

Ours are adjustable, there's a slide on the door post.

Honored Contributor

Never has been uncomfortable or hurt me.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter  Yes, I’ve done the slide mechanism as far as it goes....I assume they think someone taller/bigger would drive an SUV.

Valued Contributor

There could be an adjustment on your seatbelt.  I had these issues whenever I traveled in my husband's car.  He finally heard me - LOL.  He reached over and made an adjustment on it; problem finally solved.  This may be something you might be able to do.  I had no idea.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes it drives me crazy to have the seat belt wrapped around my neck.

A place I used to work had magnetic clips. I use one of them to keep it off my neck.

Some of those clips side but mine does not.

Car Mfgs. should have kept that locking belt feature. You could lock it in place so it was not so tight around your neck.

Image result for magnetic clip

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@CelticCrafter We have those too but I'm short so it does not help me. DH is tall so he does not have that problem with the seat belts like I do.