Honored Contributor

You know what this reminds me of?

When that nasty truck driver stuck his tongue out in "Thelma and Louise" as he passed them in his semi and Thelma said to him, "What is that? That's disgusting!"

LOL

Super Contributor

The OP's experience with her bf would be a game ender for me. Totally gross and shows he's still fishing. I know people say you're just dating (or married, whatever) and not dead and that's fine. You can lust all you want in your heart as far as I'm concerned but if we're dating exclusively that sort of thing is a big no-no.

Reminds me of the Maya Angelou quote: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them...the first time."

Frequent Contributor

I don't want this to hurt the OP's feelings...but if those two are bantering like that in front of you, I could imagine it might be worse when you are not there.

You were offended and he made an excuse instead of apologizing after seeing how it truly hurt you. I think you have to ask yourself have there been other issues and this just added to it or is this the first instance of something like this happening that has now made you question. If it's been two years of this and no long-term commitment "talk" then I would step back and really assess your relationship and what you both want. If it's the first time this has happened then maybe it truly was innocent and it just caught you off guard but hopefully he learned you don't like that and will not let it happen again.

Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 tansy said:
On 8/7/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 8/7/2014 12andcounting said:
On 8/7/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
A tramp?

What if the guy was single and available? Would she still be a tramp for saying that?

Definitely a tramp -- no class.

Even if she said it in private?

If she likes the free, fresh wind in her hair and gets too hungry for dinner at eight, yes, the lady is a tramp. Hi, KLWSmiley Happy

Oh, no, I do like the free, fresh wind in my hair.

I must be a tray-ump.

And there are the high heels and hoop earrings I'm wearing today.

Rut roh.

HI TANSY!!!!

Super Contributor

They didn't know I was there. She is married. Quite frankly, I know it's easy to say, youre better off without someone like that. But it is hard to do. I have been alone for so long, it's nice to have the company and it's hard to imagine going back to being alone without someone to talk to. But, I need to respect myself. Just don't know what to do.

Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 funinthesun said:

They didn't know I was there. She is married. Quite frankly, I know it's easy to say, youre better off without someone like that. But it is hard to do. I have been alone for so long, it's nice to have the company and it's hard to imagine going back to being alone without someone to talk to. But, I need to respect myself. Just don't know what to do.

You need to respect yourself. You already know that.

Believe me, I know it's not easy to do when you're crazy about someone who treats you poorly. But it's worse to keep them around. They just up the ante.

Esteemed Contributor

No he doesn't flirt with anyone but me. lol. My husband is quiet- pretty shy.

To add, if anyone flirts or makes any kind of inappropriate comments at his job, they are fired immediately.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor
On 8/7/2014 funinthesun said:

I hear ya!

The bottom line is can you live with his ways? It may be part of who he is, and if he feels he is doing nothing wrong, he is not likely to change, does he do that when you are with him?

Valued Contributor

NOTHING ""flirtatious"" about it...

That is OUTRIGHT disrespect to your relationship/feelings.

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

Bottom line - a man who is supposedly with you shouldn't be talking about using his tongue with another woman and telling her it's an offer.

Who puts up with that?