Honored Contributor
On 8/6/2014 Pook said:

I think most of you would be surprised how your S/O's act when you aren't around

Maybe your SO doesn't know how to behave when you aren't around but my DH is a gentleman and does, in fact, act like he was properly raised all the time. i am always proud that he chose me to be his wife - he could have had his pick.

Super Contributor
On 8/6/2014 littleblueparakeet said:
On 8/6/2014 nunya said:
On 8/6/2014 tansy said:
On 8/6/2014 happy housewife said:
On 8/6/2014 nunya said:

When I worked in a warehouse, that kind of talk was normal, bosses included.

I still wouldn't appreciate someone I was in a relationship with, talking to another woman like that.

While going to college I worked in an auto parts store - the language was horrible. I would come home and ask my DH what does --- & -- mean and he would be livid that someone said that around me. Sometimes he didn't even know or was too embarrassed to tell me.

I was around 18 when I asked my mother why anyone would call someone a cowsukker. LOL. It took her ages to clue me inSmiley Happy

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

OMG LOL!

Trusted Contributor
On 8/6/2014 Jannabelle said: I don't think you are making a big deal of it......good thing is you know how he is before you commit.

I don't think the OP is making a big deal out of it, either. I think it was crass and extremely disrespectful to the OP.

Esteemed Contributor

No.

Respected Contributor
On 8/6/2014 littleblueparakeet said:
On 8/6/2014 nunya said:

Don't feel bad Tansy. I remember being in grade school and heard a joke from one of the older kids...

I told the whole class AND the teacher ... ended up in the principals office {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Sorry, but your post made me {#emotions_dlg.lol} Doesn't sound like it was funny at the time, though. Did you get grounded too?

Yes I got in trouble at home too. I didn't know what it meant at the time, but the punchline was really really bad. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor
There is harmless flirting and inflammatory behavior. Your boyfriend's flirting sounds like the latter. There are plenty of respectful men out there. Why bother with a guy who doesn't validate your feelings..
Honored Contributor

Wow, that wasn't innocent flirting. That was a come-on.

Trusted Contributor

If I overheard two co-workers say that to each other, I would think they were engaging in a sexual conversation. And, if I knew that they were involved with other people-I would definitely think it out of line.

Plus, how many office infidelities got started by talking about the weather?

An honest woman would never had said, 'If you stick that tongue out, you had better plan on using it". That's something that a tramp would say.

Honored Contributor

OP said, "he said, it was an offer".

Sounds like much more than a little flirting.

He said it was an offer.

Trusted Contributor

That was very inappropriate in my opinion. I am not a total prude, but that would have hurt me deeply. I had rather be alone than be constantly worrying about my mate flirting (or worse). JMO