Honored Contributor

You work with this woman?

She is a co-worker of yours also and said this to your boyfriend?

Is she aware you two are an item?

If answer is yes to the last question, I would've confronted her and him on the spot.

That would be it for me.

May sound harsh, but just like keep it in your pants, well, keep it in your mouth.

When someone sticks out their tongue, they are probably fishing for a reaction.

Not only did he get the response from her, he responded to that.

Seeeee ya!

Super Contributor

I wouldn't be with that type of man, but if you can tolerate that kind of behavior for the rest of your life, then go for it. He'll never grow up. The female co-worker is a classless b IMO.

Respected Contributor

What he did was inappropriate. He is showing disrespect to you. Did he "joke" with the woman KNOWING that you would be upset. If he doesn't know how you feel about that kind of behavior, tell him now. If he does it again, walk away.

Honored Contributor
I used to date a flirter. It was kind of charming at first, but then it got very annoying. I could see how phony and fake it was. Big turn off
Honored Contributor

You don't have anything to worry about. It was just done tongue in cheek.

Valued Contributor
both of us like to be chatty--I'm sort of flirty----but NOT like that---kind of vulgar IMO
Valued Contributor
On 8/6/2014 brewhaha said:

You don't have anything to worry about. It was just done tongue in cheek.

a big LOL
Honored Contributor

I would take it with a grain of salt as it sounds like it was all in fun. Talk like that is quite common in a lot of workplaces. Coworkers spend more time with each other than with their S/Os and form close friendships with them. I worked with my S/O for 25 years and simple innocent flirty fun with s#xual innuendos never bothered either one of us. I would think such insecurities could possibly drive him away as who wants a jealous mistrusting mate who will try to control their every move around their friends of the opposite s#x? If he's going to be accused of anything he might as well really be guilty. He probably has known that coworker much longer than he has you. More lovey dovey men who put on a good show in public by not being themselves with their work friends because of their demanding jealous women are often the ones really guilty of infidelity!

I think most of you would be surprised how your S/O's act when you aren't around

Respected Contributor

Well, all I can say is, if it bothers YOU, then that's all that matters.

We all have a gut instinct that tells us what feels right to us, and what feels wrong to us.

You have to decide how much those comments will bother you, as I'm sure this is the normal way he converses.

Not saying one is right or wrong. Just what feels right TO YOU.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor
Neither of us are particularly flirty, thank goodness. My husband is a very honorable person. It's one of his best qualities.