Trusted Contributor
On 8/6/2014 Cakers1 said:

Well, the co-worker actually started the "banter" but he'd have his a** handed to him if the female co-worker thought the intial tongue sticking out was out of line.

The comments themselves aren't the best. I also don't think either one of them acted mature, especially at work.

I'd drop the whole issue; he doesn't think he was wrong and will not back down, imo.

You've had your say, he had his on the issue; now it's up to you to decide if this one incident is worth breaking up over.

I do understand why you didn't like the whole incident, though.

Very good points. He really shouldn't engage with a coworker like that for potential legal reasons, and NEVER in writing (like in an email or text). That's not too smart.

If my DH did that in front of me, the minute we were alone I'd let him know what I thought and that it's a dealbreaker. It was highly inappropriate let alone insensitive to interact with another woman like that in front of you.

I think there's still hope for your relationship if you tell him next time you see him that it's been on your mind and what you really think. Then see if he cleans up his behavior and how he reacts to you expressing yourself on the topic. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Dump him. That is a no brainer.

Super Contributor

Their little banter sounds like much more than flirting with a little sexual innuendo. Crude and inappropriate actually come to mind.

Super Contributor

My SO likes to joke around but he wouldn't do that to friend and certainly never to a coworker. He works in a conservative environment that would that be frowned upon... serious frowning upon. lol

Your SO needs to be careful. He could get into trouble for s3xual harassment or creating a hostile work environment by coworkers who witness this.

Honored Contributor

Mine doesn't flirt, but he gets flirted with pretty often. It doesn't bother me.

Re: "The jest of it .. he stuck out his tongue, she said ooh, if you stick that out, you better plan on using that. he said, it was an offer."

I wouldn't trust him. My advice is to look for someone else.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
On 8/6/2014 tansy said: Both parties were inappropriate. If that's the only incident, I'd let it go but otherwise I'd move on. Does he stare at other women when he's with you?
I'm kind of shocked really, at how many men I've seen do this (stare at other women when they are out with their SO) and some of the worst ones have been so called church going religious married men, who couldn't keep their hands and other things, to themselves.
Honored Contributor

My SO wants to be happy, so he would never do any kind of flirting in front of me. When we were young, women would flirt with him all the time and he would act like he didn't notice. Flirt all you want if you are not in a serious relationship, but other wise it's just sleezy.

Esteemed Contributor

My life observations - there are baby steps that lead to wrong intentions and deception. If you're in a committed relationship, flirting is a baby step.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor
I hope this happened in a bar after work and not AT work. They were both inappropriate IMO, but you sure as heck can't talk like that at work. Don't know if you were present at the time, but if he said that in front of you, not good.
Respected Contributor

I don't know if it would be worse to see him do this IN FRONT of you, or wonder what else he does when you are NOT THERE.

I guess I have trust issues, lol.