Esteemed Contributor

No my husband doesn't flirt with anyone but me, and to be frank I wouldn't tolerate it. To add- At my husbands job (and most jobs) saying what you described to a co worker, the person who said it would be fired asap! My husbands job has zero tolerance for talking like that to anyone at work.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:
My husband is fun and flirty with ME, but not with other women -- just friendly. What the OP's boyfriend did was rude and crass. If he apologized, it would be one thing, but the fact that he's putting it back on her would be a red flag for me.

I think what you said is 100% correct. If he apologized it is one thing but he is putting it back on you. I think how the OP described it and if it happened to his daughter was perfect and it absolutely isn't a double standard. Why should you be treated any differently than how he would want his daughter to be treated and respected? You shouldn't. I am a flirt, my husband isn't but my flirting is harmless. I have worked with a lot of guys and even gay guys in a salon setting and that can be very lax in regards to what we talk about so what your BF said to me wasn't a huge deal but the way he handled it was. If my husband said something I did made him feel uncomfortable, I would stop and apologize. PERIOD. An apology isn't an apology if it has qualifiers and he tries to put it back on you and tries to make you seem nuts. To me he should respect you enough to correct it, if he doesn't have the decency to do that, then I think the tongue incident is the least of your worries. Do you know what I mean, does that make sense?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I have been married over 40 years, and have never seen my husband flirt.   About 30 years ago, my husband was on a bowIing team with 3 women, and I witnessed one of them flirting with him.   My husband was so into bowling, he didn't hear what she said to him, which made her very mad.   I laughed till I cried, before walking down to say hello to him, and introduce myself to her.   One of the first traits I recognized, and attracted me to my

polar opposite husband, was the fact he is true to himself.   My husband knows who he is, knows what he wants in life, and he has ALWAYS lived up to his word.  I have always been true to myself as well, and would have never tolerated a flirtatious boyfriend.   

Respected Contributor

@funinthesun wrote:

Innocent flirting aside, I'm talking flirting with a little s*xual innuendo.
I'm dating a guy and overheard a comment he made to a coworker. He said it was just friendly banter, Im making a big deal about it. Maybe I am, so I need opinions. To me, it's not something I would do, but I was raised pretty conservatively.

The jest of it .. he stuck out his tongue, she said ooh, if you stick that out, you better plan on using that. he said, it was an offer.

again, I was raised pretty conservatively, so maybe this is the norm. Im just not used to it. Please give me your opinions. THanks!

funinthesun.....what grown man sticks out his tongue at anyone?  The response to it by the woman coworker was disgusting and he could have just walked away from it ignoring her at that point after realizing it was taking a sleezy turn.  The fact that he answered her in an even more disgusting manner really takes the cake.  Sorry, but would not want to be associated with someone like that. 

Honored Contributor

Eeeeeewwwwwww.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Your S/O Flirt?

[ Edited ]

Re: S/O's - DH's: Not enough.....I like flirtation (towards me).  Flirt with only me all you want, more or less, lol.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know where your s/o works but it is not acceptable behavior in any organization.  Maybe if it didn't bother you, it may bother someone else who overheard and is considered a hostile workplace but more importantly this man doesn't respect boundaries so why would he respect boundaries within your relationship.....he would become very insignificant to me...