Super Contributor

Innocent flirting aside, I'm talking flirting with a little s*xual innuendo.
I'm dating a guy and overheard a comment he made to a coworker. He said it was just friendly banter, Im making a big deal about it. Maybe I am, so I need opinions. To me, it's not something I would do, but I was raised pretty conservatively.

The jest of it .. he stuck out his tongue, she said ooh, if you stick that out, you better plan on using that. he said, it was an offer.

again, I was raised pretty conservatively, so maybe this is the norm. Im just not used to it. Please give me your opinions. THanks!

Respected Contributor

I hope my husband would not do that, coworker, friend or otherwise.

Seems too flirty and kind of juvenile, to me. At work?

Valued Contributor
I don't think you are making a big deal of it......good thing is you know how he is before you commit.
Super Contributor

Well, the co-worker actually started the "banter" but he'd have his a** handed to him if the female co-worker thought the intial tongue sticking out was out of line.

The comments themselves aren't the best. I also don't think either one of them acted mature, especially at work.

I'd drop the whole issue; he doesn't think he was wrong and will not back down, imo.

You've had your say, he had his on the issue; now it's up to you to decide if this one incident is worth breaking up over.

I do understand why you didn't like the whole incident, though.

Respected Contributor
On 8/6/2014 funinthesun said:

The jest of it .. he stuck out his tongue, she said ooh, if you stick that out, you better plan on using that. he said, it was an offer.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} no, that is not normal.

Are you 2 in a serious relationship? or just date sometimes?

Super Contributor
I would say serious. We have been dating for two years. No talk of committing or anything though.
Respected Contributor

oh boy. His comment was inappropriate. Although, I suppose if they joke around a lot, it's the norm for the employees.

Maybe he will think before he does these things, now that you brought it to his attention.

Honored Contributor

What kind of ""work"" does he do?

Super Contributor
It really made me physically ill when I heard it. He said I took it out of context but I don't believe that. It just hurt, but like I said, I could be making more out of it than should be.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Both parties were inappropriate. If that's the only incident, I'd let it go but otherwise I'd move on. Does he stare at other women when he's with you?