Trusted Contributor

Re: Does Walmart still take in plastic bags?

@icezeus wrote:

@northiie57 wrote:

They have banned plastic bags here in Vermont.  We use our own or the store will charge you per flimsy paper bag.   They still have the produce plastic bags though.

@northiie57 

Same here in California, except for the Wal Mart that I shop at for groceries. I took my own bags once, and they told me that could not bag my items in my bags. What??? Whatever, so now I just pay for their bags to avoid the hassle

wow! that makes no sense at all!

Honored Contributor

My Walmart doesn't take plastic bags back.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Call @depglass, you won't find the answer for your local Walmart here. I use the plastic grocery bags for garage, kitty litter & to line the trash can in my car...haven't bought any trash bags in years, love those plastic grocery bags.

Honored Contributor

Mine has a large recycle container inside front entrance.

Respected Contributor

I'm with @kitcat51 . They say store bags are just a one use bag. I use them as garbage bags and give them to my sister for cleaning up after her dog and the feral cat colony she takes care of (yes she picks up their mess , too). Also, now, we can put them out in our recycle bins for pickup with other recyclables.

Honored Contributor

My store does.  There is a large box inside the first set of doors against the wall.  Obviously every store could have them in a different location.

Honored Contributor

our walmarts have recycling bins for plastic bags and so do many of our grocery stores. it is very convenient. no issues if you want to use them over and over again either when bagging groceries.

we cannot recycle plastic bags curbside.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

For awhile during the pandemic, mine did not.  However, it does now - I just dropped some off yesterday.  This is in a northern suburb of Dallas.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Respected Contributor

@depglass  The two Walmarts I use still recycle (one is a Supercenter & the other a Neighborhood Market). I still don't go in even though I'm totally vaxed so I mostly have delivery but when I do "trunk" pickup I load them in my car and they take them for me.

I also see the bins at Target and some other stores in town.  
I can't wait to shop again and use all the pretty, bright, reusable totes I've been buying - from QVC of course.

Good day and happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

At the beginning of the pandemic, my local Safeway told me that if I brought my own bags, I'd have to do my own bagging.