Honored Contributor

Re: Does UPS ring your bell?

No, UPS nor FedEx ring the doorbell.   My husbands chair is beside the window, so he sees the truck in the driveway and meets them at the door.   

Honored Contributor

You know, I just read this post title a different way and realized I'd love to have a UPS driver ring my bell except I never get the male models like in the commercials to make it worth my while.

Honored Contributor

If it's my regular UPS guy, he knows me and will ring the bell and wait for me to open the door (he hands it to me). 

Honored Contributor

Our UPS drivers beep their horn when they pull up to the house and put the stuff on the porch. If I have to sign for something they do knock on the door too, because they need something from me.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPS is a total joke!  I'll take Fed Ex anyday.  They used to be good at one time and even rang your bell but not anymore.  Here's my story that just happened yesterday as a matter of fact. 

I came home from work and was walking up my path and noticed a package laying in front of my door (not in the doorway) so it was in clear view of anyone walking by.  When I bent down to pick up the package, half of it was crushed and the tape was coming off on one side of the package.  It looked as if someone may have opened it to take a peek what was inside.  When I looked at the label the package was for my neighbor who lives across the street from me.  I immediately took the package over to my neighbor's house.  I rang her bell and her husband answered the door. I said your package was delivered to me by mistake.  He laughed and said guess what?  We received two packages for you that was delivered here by mistake.  My packages seemed to be intact and the boxes weren't opened.  When I went home, I decided to check my cell phone to view my security camera footage. I have a camera pointed towards the front of the house and I witnessed a UPS delivery driver walk up my path and literally THROW the package on the ground and turned around and walked away like he could care less.  I asked my neighbor if what she received was okay and she said she received a fresh wreath as a gift from a friend.  Obviously nothing was broken. If it had been my package and something broke, I'd be sending this camera footage to UPS.    

Honored Contributor

No. Sometimes they do a light knock though. Very briefly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They bang my door twice, yell UPS and leave packages at my front door....they know I work from home....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@petepetey

I asked my UPS guy to ring once when he drops off a package and he kindly obliges.  Yes, I do give him a holiday card with a little something in it every year, but I appreciate the extra care.

Honored Contributor

We had a big dog who hated trucks.  They did ring the door bell, and they're just now figuring out we lost him.  It's been a year since we lost Levi.

Valued Contributor

@petepetey, perfect timing on your question! I had two Fed Ex deliveries today. Odd. Thls morning I went out to bring the garbage pail into the garage, and there by my front door was a Fed Ex package. No door bell ringing, no knocking - and the package was a day ahead of achedule. About 3:00 p.m., my doorbell rang and the Fed Ex delivery man had dropped package number 2 at my front door and was walking back to his truck. I thanked him and asked him if he delivered this morning. He said no, sometimes the packages are given to independent contractors. Package number 2 was also a day ahead of schedule - both from Walmart with free shipping. Thanks Fed Ex and Walmart for getting it done!