Honored Contributor

Re: Does Susan Graver drink a pot of coffee before she goes on air?? She never stops talking!!!

I wonder if the folks who start posts complaining about hosts/vendors would say the same thing to that person face to face?  Knowing that hosts/vendors are brought to tears by some of what they've read, it's such a shame.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Susan Graver drink a pot of coffee before she goes on air?? She never stops talking!!!

It's pretty obvious some people here have never given a presentation either at a podium or on camera, so they don't understand what they're seeing ......

For many people, when they do a presentation, their ADRENALINE level skyrockets.   Happens to a lot of people.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I very seldom watch any shopping channel, and when I am searching for jewelry I order online. If more info is needed I will watch the video and read customer reviews.Have not order since Barry Cord left. But I have 2 suggestions. 1. Stop watching, cause QVC is happy about the sales. 2. A warning signal should come on when she is about to appear. Some people watching is like car wreck, you know it coming, but you cannot turn away. I have stated this before, I don't purchase clothing online, or any shopping channels.I get better deals @ B/M stores. TJMAXX & Ross

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

I felt bad last night when she told Antonella that she reads all of her comments on FB and she cries sometimes and Antonella confirmed that she indeed does.  Susan also stated "I know I talk too much but that's who I am".  Antonella told Susan that "we all love you".  Although Susan is overly enthusiastic, I am going to refrain from any negative comments any longer re Susan.  The people who work with her seem to enjoy the presentations and like her.  I like her clothes, most not all, she takes interest in her line/designs and knows everything about the items she sells.  I fully support/applaud all successful women and SG has been successful for a long period oftime.   She is not just a rep. For a line or a celebrity hawking junk.  You don't have to like her line or her but many do and there are many other lines more favorable to you.  

I think SG is capable of making a small adjustment in her behavior so that more people are able to watch her shows.  She chooses not to.  I remember her from years ago.  She was never like this. 

Trusted Contributor

You're so right, Susan loves all her clothes.  I've seen before when the host may be talking about a product coming up later, not Susan's, guess what Susan comments she loves that product also.  Really??

She loves everything on QVC it seems.

I always say, if your product is THAT wonderful, you just don't have to sell it that much.  It should sell itself. Period.

QVC Customer Care

Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I felt bad last night when she told Antonella that she reads all of her comments on FB and she cries sometimes and Antonella confirmed that she indeed does.  Susan also stated "I know I talk too much but that's who I am".  Antonella told Susan that "we all love you".  Although Susan is overly enthusiastic, I am going to refrain from any negative comments any longer re Susan.  The people who work with her seem to enjoy the presentations and like her.  I like her clothes, most not all, she takes interest in her line/designs and knows everything about the items she sells.  I fully support/applaud all successful women and SG has been successful for a long period oftime.   She is not just a rep. For a line or a celebrity hawking junk.  You don't have to like her line or her but many do and there are many other lines more favorable to you.  

I'm not without empathy for her.  It's great to love what you do and kudos for her, however if you read posts about a habit you have that annoys potential buyers, why not work on it a bit?  You don't have to change your personality,  just give the host some space for telling viewers what colors are available,  sizes, measurements and how many are still available. There have been many times when I saw an item that interested me to the point of purchasing and I simply cannot hear the information because she is constantly interjecting "wow, love this color,  stunning, etc".  It's nice if one person talks at a time - the viewer gets the item's details much better.

I think she does her job well and it's obvious she's successful, but I don't know where enthusiastic energy ends and frenetic selling begins.  I hope this is not judged to be unkind as that is surely not my intent.  

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

Antonella selling clothes...pitiful

SG could have adult ADD...she's just all over the place, hypered out and not being able to focus for more than few seconds...just my thoughts...

OR - (I should have finished my thought here)...SG is a hyper person obviously...and she's extra charged up when doing her shows.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaRina wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I think SG is capable of making a small adjustment in her behavior so that more people are able to watch her shows.  She chooses not to.  I remember her from years ago.  She was never like this. 

----------------------------

Exactly what I have posted in the past about Susan. Surely she knows that she chatters too much during her presentations.  She says she reads her FB pages and if the comments make her cry, then one would think she would modify her behavior.  I can't imagine her family not pointing out her constant interrupting.

She makes a choice - am not sure why.  Certainly not helpful to the presentations nor a professional technique to sell her clothing line.   I do own several of her items; most purchased when she first started on QVC. I rarely watch her shows anymore.   I do click thru the Q channel during comercial breaks of other TV shows and if Susan is on, off goes the Q.