Respected Contributor

Re: Does Prince Harry get to keep the Jaguar?

I read that it belongs to Charles.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@OKPrincess

That looks like an Aston  Martin 

It’s the car they drove to the second reception.

Honored Contributor

The Queen owns a lot of vintage cars and this is one of them.  Will and Kate also used this car going to their evening reception.  I doubt if WIll or Harry would drive this car around London as they would need heavy security.  All I can say is the Royal family knows how to throw a Royal wedding.  Outstanding.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Amazing how much conflicting info has been out out there about the car! I love that car and they looked great in it! I understand it was converted to electric instead of gas power per their eco-friendly interests. I also read it was one of the cars owned by the royals....but now I see a post that it was rented...so who knows?
Honored Contributor

William and Kate

AB55709F-1480-4DAB-AE16-7A3D6B13838A.jpeg

Charles and Diana

189703B4-8448-4D16-B0C5-0343B247C910.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Looks like a 67 to 69 vintage Jaguar to me.  I always wanted a yellow one.  But a friend asked me if I liked the way it looked on a flat bed truck.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I read that it belongs to Charles.

@CAcableGirl2

Yes, the many articles I've read stated that the Jaguar belongs to Prince Charles and that he had it converted to an electric car.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the car was a Jag. The car William & Kate used was an Astin Martin.

Honored Contributor

I assumed that it is his personal car.  

Honored Contributor

@denisemb

I found the backstory on the car on Daily Mail UK:

"There is a poignant story behind the Jaguar in which Prince Harry drove Meghan Markle to their wedding reception at Frogmore House, Windsor, on Saturday.

The E-Type, which had been converted to an electric vehicle, previously belonged to Jamiroquai musician Toby Grafftey-Smith, who died last year at the age of 46 after a six-year battle with cancer.

‘The royal wedding car was bought from Toby,’ discloses his widow, Gabriella Crewe-Read, 43. 

Like Jamiroquai co-founder Jay Kay, Grafftey-Smith was a classic car enthusiast.

The car was sold after his death by Gabriella, with whom he had three children.

Known in the music world as Toby Smith, the keyboard player was an alumnus of Marlborough College, the £36,525-per-year boarding school where the Duchess of Cambridge was educated.

A classically trained musician, he co-wrote songs for Jamiroquai, which sold 26 million albums, with nine Top Ten singles and four UK No. 1 albums.

Gabriella has not revealed who bought the car, but it was prepared for Harry’s big day with the addition of a personalised numberplate: E190518."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5755279/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Jaguar-Prince-Harry-Megha...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.