Respected Contributor

Re: Does HSN skew younger than QVC?

IMO HSN skews cheesey

Respected Contributor

@Tukey wrote:

I don't think a lot of Millenials are wearing Bob Mackie or Susan Graver, just sayin'! Smiley Very Happy

Or Quacker Favorty or Denim & Co

Trusted Contributor

I recently bought a top from venus dot com.  

Do they skew younger than Qvc and HSN?

Who the heck cares.  They had something I liked and I bought it! 

Honored Contributor

I dont think HSN necessarily targets younger audience.  I think it is just a different price point and style.  I think HSN is more trendy and edgy, and QVC is a bit more conservative and pricier.  Not a lot more expensive, but qvc most certainly targets a higher price point than HSN at times.

Honored Contributor

@Tukey wrote:

I don't think a lot of Millenials are wearing Bob Mackie or Susan Graver, just sayin'! Smiley Very Happy

Shoekitty said,

not today. Lol

Frequent Contributor

None of my friends (late 30s- late 40s) shop on any of the nestworks, Ever. They are shocked that I do (mid 40s) HOwever, I will say that if QVC didn't carry some of the brands I like (Frye, Philosophy, Paula's Choice, Vince Camuto) then I wouldn;t either. QVC has the best deals on Philosophy, hands down. Or Barefoor Creams, can get great deals here as well. 

I also agree that most of the clothing lines here are absilotyely geared toward the older crowd. It works for them so why stop it? 

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I'm not a snob about "taste."  I just order from wherever or whomever has what I want at a price I think is good.

I agree with you 2blonde, People like different things.  However I have not seen a piece of clothing that I have been interested in on Q in a long time.  On the rare occassions I do see something I might like the price usually stops my interest.  So I shop around other channels until I see something I like at a reasonable price.  So glad there are other channels to choose from.  Variety is good.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Tukey wrote:

Shoekitty said,

not today. Lol

The younger people I know will say they have heard of Q etc...because their mom order on line.  I have not met anyone in their 20's who order anything from these channels.  They do order from Amazon, Wish and sometimes I hear about zoolillys.

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I feel HSN skews much younger then QVC. Its younger, trendier and much more fresh vibe. QVC lately is skewing to the demo of 50 plus

What on earth IS that ?......... 😲

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I feel HSN skews much younger then QVC. Its younger, trendier and much more fresh vibe. QVC lately is skewing to the demo of 50 plus

What on earth IS that ?......... 😲

@cbrite, from Merriam-Webster:

1. Definition of skew

skewed; skewing; skews
1 : to take an oblique course
2 : to look askance
1 : to make, set, or cut on the skew
2 : to distort especially from a true value or symmetrical form

Examples of skew in a Sentence
  1. They were accused of skewing the facts to fit their theory.

2. He accused them of skewing the rules in their favor.