Respected Contributor

Re: Does HSN skew younger than QVC?

I think they target the same age groups (40+), but HSN targets the trendier market. QVC definitely has more old fashioned and safe, conservative styles. Most of the TSV shoes are comfort shoes. QVC hosts seem to spend a lot of time telling you how to hide your body parts, which should give you a clue as to who they are targeting. I even see it on these message boards. Anything remotely fitted or revealing elicits a chorus "trashy/hooker" comments. I never hear that among my friends in real life, so it's bizarre and amusing all at the same time.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I doubt many the 20-30 yr age range ever watch HSN or QVC. HSN definitely shows "hipper" clothing, etc. but I think it is still older shoppers who view and buy there. QVC seems to have targeted the 55 and older group for a long time.
Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure anyone of any age watches as much as they used to.  I just drift in and then go on to something else.  I have more fun with this forum than the channel itself.  

Contributor

No. I think they're the same audience base as QVC.