Super Contributor

Re: Does Free Donut Day Mean It's OK To Walk Away With 14 Boxes?

[ Edited ]

@NUNYA wrote:

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@NUNYA wrote:

RIght but did they really NEED 14 dozen of donuts. That's just gluttony.

No one needs a donut. Of course they didn't need 14 dozen but that was the promotion so blame Krispy Kreme.

Nope, I don't blame Krispy Kreme. The Duggars took advantage of a company trying to do something nice.

I'm sure they will change it to one dozen per family or something. 

How about 1donut per person!

Respected Contributor

okay LOL

Just the thought of 168 donuts makes me queasy

Super Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

okay LOL

Just the thought of 168 donuts makes me queasy

Me too!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who hits up every store that offers free stuff. Like when Ben and Jerrys has a free scoop day, she will go there. She will go to Dunkin Donuts when they offer their free donut. I just would never go to a store just to get something free. If I happened to be there and they were offering something free AND it was what I was planning on getting, then I might but otherwise, no way. She will just go there, get her one free item, get nothing else and leave. I find that odd.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

This family has raised mooching to an art form.

They seem to expect something for nothing (or close to nothing).

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I have a friend who hits up every store that offers free stuff. Like when Ben and Jerrys has a free scoop day, she will go there. She will go to Dunkin Donuts when they offer their free donut. I just would never go to a store just to get something free. If I happened to be there and they were offering something free AND it was what I was planning on getting, then I might but otherwise, no way. She will just go there, get her one free item, get nothing else and leave. I find that odd.

I used to work with a girl who did that too.  She knew how to get just about anything she wanted cost free.

When there was a cake or goodies at work for a birthday or special promotion or holiday, she would get so much food and force feed herself.  She always wanted me to go with her.  I used to decline, but she would stand in front of me and say....But it's free, I don't get you...it's free.

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

Funniest story I've read in a while!  DoughnutYou and I may consider that to be a colossal embarrassment of monumental proportions, but when you have 37 mouths to feed and counting, you have to get creative!  Face With Tears of Joy  No wonder why the Krispy Kreme in my area went out of business... too many people taking advantage of their arrrrrrr matey days!!

Ali, they are worth at least 3.5 $Million.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Preds, they did take some to their kiddie baseball game and shout Free Donuts! 

But think of all the more deserving people who didn't get a share because the Duggars plundered the shop.

Related image

Oh, please, donuts are full of calories and fat.  The world is not going to end because someone didn't get a free donut. No nutritional value whatsoever.

Who said the world was going to end?

Good to know you approve of someone with a lot of money taking more than their share.

Honored Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper

So you're condoning what the Duggars did was okay?
Alrighty then....

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Hi Irsh!

Someone we know does that too!  She also used to go often to the all-you-can-eat places and pile her plate high.  She made her kids eat just  the salad and toppings, then took home the main entrees for dinner that night.