QVC Customer Care

Re: Does Being Alone At Night Bother You?

Respected Contributor

No, I don't mind at all. I have been staying alone for a long time. I have 3 Shelties and they "sound the alarm" whenever anything is not right. I have never had a problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we moved into our new house last year I thought the first couple of times would bother me. We sit on a woods and it gets very dark. But I  had no issues when my parents leave to go to my sisters on some weekends. I sleep like a baby.

Respected Contributor

I have a no fear at night. My husband was deployed so much in the military. I had two young children and I would just lock up never thought about it. I have always had a golden by my side. Twenty years of golden retrievers. I love them ☺

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I did so much traveling alone in my career that I had to quickly learn to fly alone, even to Europe, and stay alone in hotels. So, no, it doesn’t bother me. But I like it better when my husband and I are together! I travelled everywhere but spent the most time in Manhattan. My mother used to worry about me when I was staying in our company apartment in NY. I felt totally at home, though.

I feel very safe in NYC all the time, whether I'm home or outside, day or night. There are always people around, and I far prefer that to being somewhere more quiet and isolated.  

(I've probably posted this before, but my son & a friend were held up at gunpoint on the street in a very affluent suburban area in broad daylight.  He never had an experience like that in all the years he lived in the city.)

Clearly, anything can happen anywhere.  But whether I'm in the city or in my house, being alone at night doesn't bother me at all.

Respected Contributor

I have been alone at night many times over the years. I lived alone for many years and had a dog all of that time. I live in the country now on 20 acres with our house set back in the woods. I am comfortable alone at night. I am also armed and know how to use a gun. My husband is now here most of the time but I I am fine if he is gone.  I was very uncomfortable being alone at night when I was at home with my parents.  We lived on a small farm. Now being alone is fine.  I keep my doors and windows locked, have a tall fence around our home and lovethe nights here.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I've been alone at night for decades. I'm fine with it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If you're not afraid, why would you have loaded guns easily accessible? Asking for a friend...😳

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

If you're not afraid, why would you have loaded guns easily accessible? Asking for a friend...😳

Think the better statement is that you are not afraid BECAUSE you have a gun.  Just as others have said they are not afraid because they have dogs.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

No ... I am a adult and I have not been afraid to be alone since I was six.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL