Honored Contributor

Re: Does Being Alone At Night Bother You?

@Drythe 

A 95 lb. Lab?! He's a big ol' boy!

DD had a black Lab and a Pitt Bull when she took in the feral kittens that needed to be bottle fed.

Feral Mom was too young and didn't know what to do with the newborns, so she left them on DD's doorstep.

Her Lab & Pitt performed the duties of the mother cat, by cleaning and inspiring them to potty.

The pics are too cute!

Animals are so amazing, with their instincts!Heart 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Drythe 

A 95 lb. Lab?! He's a big ol' boy!

DD had a black Lab and a Pitt Bull when she took in the feral kittens that needed to be bottle fed.

Feral Mom was too young and didn't know what to do with the newborns, so she left them on DD's doorstep.

Her Lab & Pitt performed the duties of the mother cat, by cleaning and inspiring them to potty.

The pics are too cute!

Animals are so amazing, with their instincts!Heart 

@KingstonsMom

His Dad was a GNC at 100 lbs.  He’s 95 lbs of pure Joy.

He keeps the ears of our four cats spotless, and cleans faces & whiskers at no extra charge, humans too!

What a Sweet doggie to take over ‘mommers’ duty for those Kitties.  My boy loves his cats, he lost his dog buddy last November, so they are now super special to him.

They have a huge capacity for loving and acceptance don’t they?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Although it's been a while, it bothers me to be alone overnight.  I’m a light sleeper and tend to hear every noise.  Leaving the television on as white noise helps.   

Valued Contributor

It doesn't bother me. As long as I'm not choking on something, LOL!

Respected Contributor

Gosh, guess I am the big ole scaredy cat in the bunch here! Yes, it definitely bothers me...and it bothers me more and more the older I get. It makes me mad that I can't control the feeling as much as I would like. There was a time I had four dogs sleeping here, there, and everywhere and I think they gave me much more of a sense of security. Now there's only one little dog left and he's my hubby's baby. If hubby is gone, pup usually goes with him so I am totally alone and scared. Woman Frustrated

The other part of this equation is that I watch way toooooooooo much of Investigation Discovery and scare the heck out of myself on a regular basis. I see rapists and murderers around every corner!!!  

Respected Contributor

No, not at all. Plus I keep my protection close by.

Honored Contributor

I don’t care to be alone at night. Even though DH is beside me, I hear every noise and start imagining things.

We sleep with night lights and lamps on all over the house.

We live in a cul de sac and every time a car goes around the circle, the motion detection lights come on and of course I have to get up, put on my glasses and look out the bedroom window.

We stopped watching ID and other creepy shows because it was affecting my sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

@ig  LOL! My Father told me stories of a Capuchin Monkey he had named Jocko who was a good “watch Monkey”.He would chase people out the door.

My Siamese cat would also, and scream as he was chasing. He looked like a Halloween cat with evil eyes!

I’m not afraid alone with my Jack Russels they think anyone at the door is QVC delivery and they might get a bone. They really bark!

Respected Contributor

I did so much traveling alone in my career that I had to quickly learn to fly alone, even to Europe, and stay alone in hotels. So, no, it doesn’t bother me. But I like it better when my husband and I are together! I travelled everywhere but spent the most time in Manhattan. My mother used to worry about me when I was staying in our company apartment in NY. I felt totally at home, though.

Honored Contributor

I don't like sleeping in a pitch black house if I'm all alone.  If hubby isn't home at night, I sleep with the tv on.  There's a Sleep Music channel that I like.  There's a small lamp in the kitchen and I'll leave that on.  I just don't like being alone in a pitch black house.