Honored Contributor

Re: Does Being Alone At Night Bother You?

@RedTop wrote:

No, I have never been afraid here.   However, we are always prepared, and have 7 loaded guns ready if needed.    

@RedTop 

I keep one next to my bed, DH sleeps like a log and would never hear anything.

He might not even hear it if I had to use it, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Not at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been alone most of my life. dh is retired military  he was ALWAYS gone for years on end. 

when he retired from military his job was swing shift 12 hour work schedule for several years, then he was given a day job, so if he has to stay late, yes it bothers me. he is still working full time. we are old enough to be retired. I like having him home at night, 

Honored Contributor

NOPE!

Lived in high rise apts/condos most of my adult life.

Kept windows & door(s) locked w/deadbolt lock(s).

Have several of these for the door.....

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at Mon, Feb 25, 2019-4.45.20 PM.png

Makes a great weapon if I can't get to my pistol &/or my highly aggressive crazy feral cat doesn't shred the perp(s) masked face off first.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Many years ago when we first married, DH went to college in the daytime and worked 4:30-mid nite and sometimes later when there was a computer problem with billing.

I decided to start work on my Master’s degree in the evening after working the day schedule.

When I was transferred to the mignite shift, I had one class left to take.  It was at 1 PM.

I was way too busy to be bothered or fearful.

Many years later that degree came in handy as it enabled me to teach at the college level.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

LOL!  Thanks for the laugh!

I can just picture the perp with a shredded face mask, fighting off a feral cat!

DD has 8 indoor cats, 7 are feral kittens that she bottle fed and she still takes care of a feral colony, that she hasn't been able to domesticate.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I just choked with laughter on your reply.  We live in the country, about 400 feet off the road.  My husband is so hard of hearing a thief could steal the gun cabinet 3 feet from his bed.  When he was hospitalized most of December, just me and the 2 attack cats were alone at night and it didn't bother me a bit.  I also don't do FB so I never announce to the world when I'm alone.  Alone anytime of the day foesn't bother me.

Honored Contributor

Nope, no one out here but the deer, the wild turkeys, the rest of the critters, and me.  No noise at all.  I’m not afraid of them, it’s people that scare me!

My big ole’ Labby, sweet, 95 lb, boy would offer to help a burgler carry the stuff out, heck, he’d probably find them a box!

@KingstonsMom   @riley1 

Go Max & Chips!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Throughout our married life, I was often alone while my husband was out of town (or out of the country) on business). I've always been an independent, confident female and have been comfortable in any situation. I'm pragmatic and am able to take care of problems as they arise without drama. Besides, who wants to worry their children with unwarranted fear? Not me!

I've been widowed since 2005 and have never considered anything frightening. Being aware of surroundings enables me to continue my social life without problems. Living in a safe neighborhood, keeping my home and car secure is common-sense.

I do not have any weapons or dogs and don't want either one!    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

no, not at all.......never has and hopefully never will.

Me neither.  It doesn't bother me in the slightest.  I don't even think about it.