Respected Contributor

Re: Does Being Alone At Night Bother You?

No.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

The only time I am alone at night  at home is when DH needs to go out of town for  family  business.  It would be a week every 6 months or so.  I feel a little bit more scared at night home alone. I leave lots of lights on inside that I normally do not. I do have two big dogs which gives me a  bit of comfort. If they would really save me from an attacker.....hmm....NOT if he had dog biscuits 😄

Honored Contributor

No.  I live in a realitvely safe area and know my neighbors.

Trusted Contributor

I have never minded being at home alone. My husband just started a new job in December and every three weeks he works 11pm to 7am. My dog and I have the whole king size bed to ourselves! No snoring, just peace and quiet. But then again, I'm very comfortable with the neighborhood we live in. I've always relished my alone time. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No but i make sure all the doors are locked and check and lock the basement door.  i'm more afraid of the big ugly spiders that come out at nite and they only show up in my room.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  My husband travels most of the week, so I am home alone at night.  It really doesn't bother me, especially because I have the best neighbors.  On one side, they usually have one of their garage doors open, so if anything happened, they would be right there.  I also have a 15 year old dog, but I think I would be protecting her.

The main thing is to not open any doors at night to anyone who you do not know.  Also, don't watch ID on television.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Yes, when we had our house in NV.  The neighborhood was so quiet and every so often I would here these strange noises.  Gave me the creeps.  Now I live in a condo with people around and I feel a lot more secure.  Otherwise, I don't mind being by myself at all.

Honored Contributor

I thought it would, I was alone for a full week when Dh was hospitalized for a post op infection

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Not really. My hubby traveled quite a bit and when he went to Europe, he would be gone 2-3 weeks. I had a couple of large dogs so I was fine and a security system as well.

However, one night my hubby came in earlier than expected and had trouble with his keys. Well, Max wasn't having any of it. DH finally got the door open a crack and Max wouldn't let him in, lol. I had to go downstairs and confirm he was allowed in the house.

Trusted Contributor

no not at all.  i live alone with my dogs and i don't mind at all.  my neighborhood is not thebest , but it doesn't bother me.  i keep the doors locked at all times and i know  someone comes around my dogs  will make a fuss.