Occasional Contributor

Does Anyone at QVC Ever Respond To Any Of The Questions?

Looking through customer care and suggestion box this all seems a waste of time - am I missing something.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone at QVC Ever Respond To Any Of The Questions?

Their responses, even if they did respond, would be bland, something like "Thank you for the suggestion.  We'll relay it to the folks in Marketing (or I.T. or Customer Service or etc.)."

Honored Contributor

If memory serves me when they first changed the format, they were very helpful & did answer questions.  Seems not so much now, more of a canned response, for lack of better words.  I've seen them interact with certain posters and speaking only for myself, I had a question go unanswered about why an innocent post was poofed, and have seen several posters question that & no response given.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

If memory serves me when they first changed the format, they were very helpful & did answer questions.  Seems not so much now, more of a canned response, for lack of better words.  I've seen them interact with certain posters and speaking only for myself, I had a question go unanswered about why an innocent post was poofed, and have seen several posters question that & no response given.

First, questioning the deletion of a post is, in itself, challenging moderation.  Second, and more importantly, they would never list their reasons because it will open an entire hornet's nest and only lead to more dissent and arguing.

The moderators have eery right to delete posts without having to explain themselves.  This is QVC's board -- not ours - and they make the rules (rules every single one of us agreed to follow before we were allowed to participate here).

Respected Contributor

They don't have to answer why a post was poofed.  Why should they?

I've seen people have problems with their orders and a Moderator will be very helpful in sorting out the problem. 

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

First, questioning the deletion of a post is, in itself, challenging moderation.  Second, and more importantly, they would never list their reasons because it will open an entire hornet's nest and only lead to more dissent and arguing.

The moderators have eery right to delete posts without having to explain themselves.  This is QVC's board -- not ours - and they make the rules (rules every single one of us agreed to follow before we were allowed to participate here).

ITA.

I don't always agree with a deletion of a post, but I do know that whining about it is an exercise in futility for exactly the reasons KYToby outlined. 

Threads are not "owned by" the posters. They are QVC's property and they have every right to remove what they deem inappropriate.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

......furthermore, I don't understand the whining when a post is deleted.  I have had my posts deleted and....so what?  I'm not so self-important that it bothers me to such an extreme.  I just move on and forget about it.  This is only a shopping board and only for entertainment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaRina@mstyrion 1@bri20@KYToby,

Excuse me to most of you for my stupid response and OP I apologize to you .. geez a loo my opinion doesn't stand for anything?  I gave an honest opinion so pick me apart & furthermore, I am NOT complaining or whining...  or do I go and criticize other's opinions...

Moderator, if you see I am being disrespectful or rude, please feel free to delete what my posts.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach, your response was not at all "stupid" and you aren't being "picked apart".  As you are giving your opinion, so are others.  I agree with those who say it is considered "Challenging Moderation" when a poster asks why their post was deleted.  I continue my opinion by saying it is not important to me in the grand scheme of things if my post is deleted.

Honored Contributor

I am not alone in questioning why innocent posts are poofed nor am I challenging moderation...

Go VOLS