Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Remember the Name of The Cooling Towels

That Q used to sell???  You wet them and snap them and they would keep your neck cool during the hot summer days?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember the Name of The Cooling Towels

[ Edited ]

ArctiCloth. Made by O2Cool.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

ArctiCloth. Made by O2Cool.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I remember them things.  If anybody owns one, do they reallly work?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I didn't purchase the Q version.....but I can tell you they don't work if you live in a climate with single-digit humidity.     Mine dried out quickly, and turned hard as a rock while still around my neck.    (I'm in Phoenix)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have some like those but they're not as good as the ones that you slip a strip of frozen water inside. The water strips are all punctured now and I can't find more!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

I didn't purchase the Q version.....but I can tell you they don't work if you live in a climate with single-digit humidity.     Mine dried out quickly, and turned hard as a rock while still around my neck.    (I'm in Phoenix)

I just bought some from Amazon that aren't supposed to dry hard.. I haven't used them yet as I try to stay inside as much as possible until October.

4 Pack] Cooling Towel (40"x12"),Ice Towel,Soft Breathable Chilly Towel,Microfiber Towel for Yoga,Sport,Running,Gym,Workout,Camping,Fitness,Workout & More Activities55A70340-00C7-42A3-B49F-785532F17FEC.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I had some for my son when he played travel ball. He was a catcher and would fold on into the neck of his jersey under his chest protector. We would rotate a few in and out of the cooler during tournaments. He preferred Mission brand.
Esteemed Contributor

I got a rash
Esteemed Contributor

QVC used to sell KoolDano which were tubes of fabric filled with the gel you use to retain water in flower pots.  My family has loved these for years ( we lived in Mojave Desert) and I easily made copies and gave them to friends.  They look like nothing until you soak them in water for about 15 mins.  Its easy to refresh them under a faucet if need be.