Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Love Food Trucks?

We have a taco truck in our town, and it gets tons of business. I would have never thought to get food from a truck, but when our company hired them out for a day as a treat, it was phenomenal. The food is delicious, the truck is based from a restaurant in town as well.I have gone there several times since then and love it.....The only other time I had food from a truck was in New York City and it was fantastic!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Los Angeles has some awsome ones.  All different kinds and the food is really good.  Often if you google your city for food trucks, you can find where they are.  Good eating everyone. 

Honored Contributor

I think I saw on Anthony Bourdain a Korean BBQ truck? Is it in LA?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bril,

Where is the French Market?  That sounds interesting, I may need to go there. Milwaukee has some food truck festivals, too. They either just had one or will soon. State Street in Madison is a fun place for food trucks and shopping, too.

Oh, duh! I just looked up the French Market and realized that i have been there many times. I just associate it with Olgilvie and didn't realize it was called French.

Respected Contributor

I love food trucks! And I also love Austin. Such a great place to visit. We have a vegan food truck in town that makes super amazing food. You would never know it was vegan. Great taco and BBQ trucks, too. One of the most popular local ones is an ice cream one. They do food truck events where 10-30 food trucks par in a certain spot on weekends in the summer. I went back when it was just getting started, but it's so crazy busy now that I haven't been back.
Honored Contributor

I guess they've come a long way because they used to be called 'roach coaches'.

I've never eaten from a food truck, unless the ice cream man is considered one.

Frequent Contributor

You have to come back and visit when you get a chance.  The city is growing like crazy and the traffic is terrible.  But the music and food trucks are AWESOME!