Valued Contributor

Does Anyone Else Get Tired of Writing Product Reviews?

I appreciate, seek out and rely on product reviews from my fellow shoppers -- not just on QVC, but also on Amazon and pretty much everywhere I shop.  But honestly, I'm getting so tired of writing them!!

At first it was fun weighing in and giving my opinion, but now that I'm ordering so much online, I just can't do it anymore.  I mean, seriously, it could be a full-time job if I reviewed EVERYTHING! 

Does anyone else feel this way?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Get Tired of Writing Product Reviews?

I don't write reviews on everything I order.  

Honored Contributor

I don't write them any more and don't think I ever will.  It generates spam and I'm not getting paid to advertise for companies: which are charging me a lot more for items these days so they can be big charities for causes I may or may not support and take my tax write off.

Honored Contributor

I write reviews when a product is especially good or especially bad.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I can't say that I tire of them at all.  I only write a view if the purchase motivates me.  

Honored Contributor

I only write reviews if I am extremely pleased with a product, or extremely dissappointed! Otherwise I would be writing all day long.....

Honored Contributor

I really don't buy all that much and some things I buy on line really don't need a review...like Keurig coffee and dog food.

I will leave a review for something that is really good or when something is really bad, or if I have I have something to say that I think is important that others should know about.

Often times, the review is not posted anyway. Many retailers only post the five star reviews.  I even have had companies call me about a review I left to try to remedy the problem, but the less than stellar review was never posted.

example: I bought a tablecloth that the description said had a white background. There was no white on that item at all.  The background color was green.  I left a nice review, but mentioned the color description was incorrect.  The seller called me.  She was upset that I would do that and wasn't too pleasant with me...she also had the review deleted.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie -- I've never had anyone call me -- I would not like that!!  

Honored Contributor

Guess I'm lazy because I rarely write reviews. I might write one once my Banana Walnut Coffee Cake arrives from QVC because some of the ones I looked at went back to 2008! I think when it comes to food, QVC should delete reviews over a year old.

Respected Contributor

I seldom write reviews.

I'm tired of companies that want me to complete a survey about my experience either with their customer service or shopping.

I used to fill these out. But now, unless you want to offer me a discount or cash, I don't bother.