Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Buy Newspapers Anymore

[ Edited ]

We have the paper delivered every day.  We also have the Wall St. Journal delivered.

My husband reads these papers cover to cover - every word.

Who remembers when young boys 14/15 years old would deliver the paper and then come to the door each week to collect $ for the papers?

Honored Contributor

I get the Sunday paper.  I keep some of the sale papers to remind me of what I want and I also use the coupons.  I don't like reading on tablets, the scrolling, how things are organized.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Occasionally I will buy the Sunday paper for the coupons.  Otherwise, I can read it at their web site.

Respected Contributor

We went digital with our local paper a year ago.  While I prefer a paper copy, it just made more sense for DH and I as we were experiencing missed deliveries and less places available to recycle.

When we first digitally subscribed we had to log in daily which I found to be a chore.  Now they are emailing it and I have returned to reading daily. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love my coffee and newspaper in the morning.It is the very best part of my day. I have my coffee with me and read it in bed with my doggie cuddled  beside me

Honored Contributor

Never subscribed to one.  Rarely if ever read them.  I do read quite a bit online.  CNN, MSNBC, etc.  Except for Fox.  I draw the line there. 

Esteemed Contributor

Always have been a "metabolic", grew up reading the Washington Evening Star in addition to the Washington Post plus Baltimore Sun and Sunday NYTimes when I was in college.  After many years overseas (Stars and Stripes) I returned to home delivery LA Times, unfortunately  my small desert community of Ridgecrest wasn't a money making proposition for them so they ended my subscription.  So for many years I picked it up on Sundays and several days a week.  Now I'm retired and thank God for digital Washington Post for $3.99 a mth( wish NYT did the same deal).  Everything else I read is digital (Drudge, Time etc).

Honored Contributor

We get the Sunday paper edition but have a paid digital subscription for all other days.  I like reading both ways but online is clean and no papers to haul to recycling center.

Valued Contributor

Every morning I wake up to the 'thwack' of the paper hitting my front porch. I love it! It's nice to have a paper to take with me to doctors' appointments, the pool, on planes....if I leave it or it gets a spill on it, who cares? I enjoy doing the word puzzles in a gel pen. (I Heart pens; will there be a thread for that??)

Honored Contributor

yes because my husband loves to read and hold the newspaper. He reads every article!!!

i just got our renewal $177/year (last year we paid $107) now has fuel delivery charge added of $57/year and some other charge for education. 

I would have cancelled it in a heartbeat but he so enjoys it!!!