Trusted Contributor

Re: Doe you think Queen Elizabeth II would allow this?

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Interesting topic. 

Given what I have read about Elizabeth, I don't think she would allow this.  I think she is more in the "let sleeping dogs (or Kings!) lie, and don't rock the boat" camp.  There's no benefit to the testing other that to prove a historcal point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knowledge is always better than speculatiom and it could have some bearing on latter events. But that's just me; I'm curious about that kind of thing.

If thr queen wouldn't "stir things up" by letting a predecessor's body to be exhumed, I sure don't think she really would break tradition by passing over her heir to the crown.

If you think I'm being argumentative, I'm not. I just like to think about possibilities and "what if"; a little intellectual curiosity, I guess. And I like to hear what other people think. too; that often opens up to me ideas that would never ocurred to me.

Of course, if Charles wanted to abdicate the way his uncle Edward the 8th did, he could.