Trusted Contributor

Re: Doctor caught poisoning her husband with Drano

@layla2450 wrote:

@arrabella wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

I had read that. 

And in addition to being shocked about what she was doing - I read this

• On August 4, Yu was arrested by the Irvine Police Department and posted the $30,000 bail, a day later

So she was putting Drano in his lemonade and she posted $30,000 bail. Really? Only $30,000?

Not really surprised at the low bail as this happend in Cali!!

The bail amount has NOTHING to do with California.

It sure does!  Crime is rampet here with it's catch and release policies. Some stores are robbed more than once a day  so they can take what they can and keep it under $1000 as they know they wont be proscuted!  It's on the news all the time!  No wonder so many are moving out. So yes, the low bail is not surprising here!

Regular Contributor

@arrabella 

Uh oh, don't speak the truth here (regarding crime).  You will get "empathy" from some but then they accuse you of being a liar and not living in reality in the same sentence.  That's what a long time poster told me and I work in the LEGAL field.  I see just about everything.  But I will say it's not just in Cali, we had a guy murder a woman who tried to kill a 3 year old just months before and charges were dropped. NO charges.  NO jail time.  There were witnesses and the child was drugged and hurt.  The guy is a FELON with a long criminal history.  He's in jail now for the woman's murder but when charges against the attempted murder of the 3 year old were dropped, I look at the lawyers and the judge and wonder.....  But then again, I live in another reality.. yeah, OK,...

BTW I could care less about jokes made about other states. You can say something about all 50 states. Say what you want about the midwest, I've heard them all before and jokes won't hurt me but the guy who got the murder charges dropped---he just might.  

Honored Contributor

proxy-image.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

I read the story.  But isn't draino so toxic that he would smell or taste something different?  Either way, sad that people can't just leave a relationship instead of trying to kill one another.

@new nickname 4 

ITA .....   and this is one of the DUMBEST news stories I've seen in a while .... call me old fashioned, but what ever happened to just getting a DIVORCE?

I find it hard to believe that a doctor wouldn't consider that, if successful, an autopsy would show foul play ... and prosecution.   

Honored Contributor

This poor excuse for a human is the third person I've read about that is a doctor doing this. All I can say is put her away from society. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@new nickname 4 @Drano is lye. It burns. Lucky there was less damage to the doctor's mouth, throat and GI tract. She is a really stupid doctor. She must have failed high school chemistry. It's a very obvious poison. I'm very glad her husband caught her. 

Honored Contributor

I am sure she had recently taken out a big life insurance policy on her husband.

Honored Contributor

There are better/easier ways for a doctor to kill someone than using Draino. She should have been able to sabotage his electrolytes and blood chemistry enough to kill him in a much less detectable manner. Even sedating him and then infusing a large amount of air into his bloodstream could kill him in a relatively untraceable manner. Air embolisms were used to kill mental patients and others in the past. As a doctor she should have had access to IV supplies and been able to give him an air embolism with little trouble.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Aside from the obvious smell and taste - couldn't he see it bubbling over and fizzing?

Unless his senses were imaired somehow, this makes no sense.

Honored Contributor

I believe she was "spiking" his drinks over several months.  He did seek medical treatment in the spring but nothing was found-he just didn't
feel good.

Then he suspected his wife of trying to poison him.  Once he captured the first video he drank nothing else and capture 3(?) more of her using the Drano.

He does have some internal injuries but is expected to heal.

This is not the first time somebody poisoned a significant other-a little at a time can escape detection but the accumulation in the person's system can go undetected until the major damage/death has happened.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh